Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 24,942 times

Advertisements

We are considering purchasing a new home at Heritage Creek in Milton. The builder is Schell Brothers. Does anyone have any experience with this builder?

Also, any information you can provide about the area would be most appreciated.

Tony P.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 11:33 AM

6 posts, read 43,393 times
I too looked at Heritage Creek in June.
The things that worried me were, the two model homes
built were running off a generator, the rest of the land was not even cleared and no lines for utilities being run.
I saw that you looked in November that's 7 months and nothing done.

Let me know if you find any thing out.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:48 AM

3 posts, read 19,277 times
We looked at Heritage Creek just about two weeks ago. The land was clear of trees and they said they were breaking ground on their roads in a few weeks (when the weather warmed). Not sure how true that was. The models i believe we running off of egualr electric. I'm keeping my eye on this community though because I love the houses. I'm interested to know to the person who started this thread..did you move to DE? If so how is it going? Do you like it?

Old 02-05-2008, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 24,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malonso View Post
We looked at Heritage Creek just about two weeks ago. The land was clear of trees and they said they were breaking ground on their roads in a few weeks (when the weather warmed). Not sure how true that was. The models i believe we running off of egualr electric. I'm keeping my eye on this community though because I love the houses. I'm interested to know to the person who started this thread..did you move to DE? If so how is it going? Do you like it?
Hi.....Yes, we did move to Delaware but not to Heritage Creek. We moved to a rental house while waiting for the Heritage Creek development to start. However, Schell Brothers could not give us a firm start date so we requested a refund of our deposit and cancellation of the sales agreement. They agreed and said our deposit would be refunded. We since have purchased another home in Lewes which will be completed by May.

We are very happy living in DE. We haven't been through the busy tourist season yet, but so far it has been great. The weather is moderate and costs are a lot lower than Pennsylvania (where we used to live). Even getting our driver's licenses and registering our cars at the Delaware DMV was a breeze. A model of efficiency.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to write me at apaida67@aol.com

Tony P.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:08 PM

4 posts, read 18,893 times
I was excited to see your post. We live in New Castle County,DE for at least 14 years and found Heritage Creek online. Considering moving down state. Wow- from paper this neighborhood truly looks like a DE Gem! Nothing like it around- At least not upstate.

Good to know they are in the very early stages and not to expect too much. Might be a great way to get a good deal. The houses look right out of the Triangle Area in NC. Can't wait to pop down and check them out ourselves.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 PM

24 posts, read 87,380 times
Default Heritage Creek

My parents moved to Bethany Beach and they've loved it so much, I'm moving with my family from New York. I've been looking in the Milton area and Heritage Creek caught my eye, but when I went the first week of February, they had two houses built, no roads and nobody was there to help us which seemed weird.

What turned us off about this development and Summerwalk at Cannery Village (Ryan Homes development right down the street from Heritage Creek) was the lack of land and how close the homes were to each other. We elected to go a little north into Milford where for less money, we get a larger house, .75 of an acre and we're a mile from the beach (bay).

If land's not a concern for you (we have two small children), Heritage and Summerwalk will probably be a great bet. The town of Milton is delightful and beautiful.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:42 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
I'm thinking of Heritage shores and wondering What?

Now I see, two different communities.

Heritage Creek seems very interesting and different.

I have noticed the construction of new homes/communities is slow to go because of the housing market crunch. Some builders just don't have the money to continue.
I'm not sure if this is the case with heritiage creek but this is true with a load of other communities.

Hopefully, things will change with the interest rate drop.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 12,052 times
Default Heritage Creek

We, too, had put a deposit down on Heritage Creek. That was 19 months ago! Before explaining the rest, I must say that the person who wanted to know about Schell as a builder . .. .Schell is, by far, the best and most professional builder you will find anywhere in the tri-state area. Dealing with them was a dream and the product they build outshines any other builder in the area. It's not even close!

With that said, the realty company (Ocean Atlantic) promoting the Heritage Creek community has one realtor in charge there who is just a disaster. He totally lacks communication skills which has been the most frustrating part of the last 19 months. Heritage Creek has been held up in their forward movement to build this community by the town of Milton. They have ahd to reconfigure the phases of the development to conform to bank funding wishes and with each change comes the need of approval from the town council. And, according to the builder who we spoke with today about the delay in getting this development going, it's the town council that dropped discussing this approval from it's agenda at it's February meeting. And, while this is nobody's fault, builder or realtor, the realtor never communicated this iinformation to us and we never heard back from him mid-February when he said we would be finalizing our contracts. Building of the roads and water sytem, etc. was suppsoed to start mid-February and our house was due to start construction as of the beginning of April. Like other bloggers have mentioned, the realtor is no longer even manning the model homes and there's no information available out there as to how to even set up an appointment to see the house. This is another key part of this major communications "problem". The project looks as if it has been completely abondoned, but it hasn't been. Unfortunately, it just look that way which is not a good thiing.

Out of sheer frustration and the need to be out of our rental house by next September at the latest, we just this week backed out of our deal with Heritage Creek. We have found another development in Milton that is currently building new homes and our new home will be completed by September when we need it. Again, the new builder is no where as easily accessable as Schell but . . .

For the person who asked about the town of Milton. It's simply wonderful! The downtown is being completely renovated with new businesses, new library, restaurants and even a theatre. It is a quintessential small town of the past. In fact, we have lived just outside of Milton in Georgetown for the last 10 years and our desire now is to live within the Milton town limits. We love the home-town feel.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:18 PM
jcw

3 posts, read 22,812 times
Default Experience with Schell Brothers

Hi, I recently purchased a home at Independence in Millsboro, DE of which Schell Brothers is the builder. Quality and professionalism 100%. My husband was in the constructon business for 35 years and was extremely impressed with the construction and quality.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:11 AM

3 posts, read 22,464 times
To jgtmsw, we too are looking at Schell Brothers developments. I am curious as to where you finally did purchase in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware