Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:42 PM

12 posts, read 38,593 times

Advertisements

This community was mentioned slightly on CD about three years ago. I think there is a new owner and/or builder now and what started as manufactured homes with land-lease is now stick built fee simple. Houses on website look nice, but neighborhood is confusing. Does anyone know anything about Fieldstone Village?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 05:54 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenMary View Post
This community was mentioned slightly on CD about three years ago. I think there is a new owner and/or builder now and what started as manufactured homes with land-lease is now stick built fee simple. Houses on website look nice, but neighborhood is confusing. Does anyone know anything about Fieldstone Village?
They are still doublewide manufactured homes, but now they are being sold in Fee Simple. No Lot rent, you own the land.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:19 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,139 times
Quote:
I took a quick look when I was in that area a few years ago. The future plan was for some retail - probably a large drugstore and a convenience-type store, but no pool or clubhouse unless a majority of future owners voted to build one. After I heard that, I was no longer interested. I am coming down again next month and making my final decision, but I would not buy a place without at least some amenities. The location was convenient, though.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:50 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
They are still doublewide manufactured homes, but now they are being sold in Fee Simple. No Lot rent, you own the land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
I took a quick look when I was in that area a few years ago. The future plan was for some retail - probably a large drugstore and a convenience-type store, but no pool or clubhouse unless a majority of future owners voted to build one. After I heard that, I was no longer interested. I am coming down again next month and making my final decision, but I would not buy a place without at least some amenities. The location was convenient, though.
Great !! No lot rent. They are still mobile homes. New mobiles can be really nice. They are built with cheaper materials and do not hold up as well as stick built homes.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:36 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Great !! No lot rent. They are still mobile homes. New mobiles can be really nice. They are built with cheaper materials and do not hold up as well as stick built homes.
Interesting. They look like stick built homes. They say the models are on a conditioned crawl space.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Interesting. They look like stick built homes. They say the models are on a conditioned crawl space.
I have no personal knowledge of the area. I am sure rdlr knows what she is talking when she says they are doublewides. I live in a doublewide. First few years they are fine. Let's just leave it at that.
'

Old 03-09-2014, 03:49 AM

903 posts, read 3,504,761 times
goldenage1... better quality manufactured homes DO look like stick built. In NC, where we moved to DE from, there was a slight difference in MANUFACTURED/mobile homes and MODULAR homes... just a matter of building codes in the state. We had a modular upgrade of a Clayton home then, with the brick foundation, it sure looked like a site built home too.

Not sure what the models are considering a "conditioned" crawl space; I'd have to defer to someone over that terminology. Shouldn't all crawl spaces be "conditioned" in some form or fashion? Just food for thought.

I found the lots to be very small, which might be just what you're looking for. Having lived in the country so long, I for one would not be happy with that. Charming little community, but frankly it doesn't look like the original developer intended for any amenities. Not sure what the current prices are, but look around... it still seems like a buyer's market to me.

Mary

Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 PM

12 posts, read 38,593 times
Default Fieldstone Village

I have since googled their website. Seems homes are now being stick built (fee simple)...look pretty nice but are on small lots (actually that doesn't bother me). I called and Tami (very nice) emailed me lists of home prices, standard features, etc. Standard features seem to include many things usually sold as options. True there are no on-site amenities like pool and clubhouse...that keeps HOA quite low. They do provide a short term free membership to try out a local country club with pool, etc. There's a small shopping center very nearby...think it's a Redner's. Competitive home prices, nice floorplans, lots of good standard features. (Just to get your bearings, I noticed while getting directions online that it's about one mile from Noble's Pond). All things considered, I'm putting it on my list of places to check out when I visit DE in the spring.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:18 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
I have since googled their website. Seems homes are now being stick built (fee simple)...look pretty nice but are on small lots (actually that doesn't bother me). I called and Tami (very nice) emailed me lists of home prices, standard features, etc. Standard features seem to include many things usually sold as options. True there are no on-site amenities like pool and clubhouse...that keeps HOA quite low. They do provide a short term free membership to try out a local country club with pool, etc. There's a small shopping center very nearby...think it's a Redner's. Competitive home prices, nice floorplans, lots of good standard features. (Just to get your bearings, I noticed while getting directions online that it's about one mile from Noble's Pond). All things considered, I'm putting it on my list of places to check out when I visit DE in the spring.
Doublewide homes on their own land can be held in Fee Simple Interest (on their own land) or in Leasehold (they rent their land). Fee Simple does not indicate the type of home it is - doublewide or stick built.

I believe you're confusing Fee Simple, a type of ownership, with type of construction.
Doublewides have steel frames, stick built do not. Doublewides (Hud Homes) have a Hud seal inside the home, stating wind resistance and details on construction. Usually, that sticker is in a closet. Doublewides (Hud homes) also have a metal plate on 2 corners of the unit (2 sections). They will identity the 3rd party company inspecting the unit for wind resistance, etc. The numbers will begin with RAD, ULI, or something similar. Ask the seller of these units, you're interested in, if these are HUD homes (doublewides). One of the new marketing terms they use now is "on frame modular" which confuses things more. The HUD sticker/metal plates identify the home. As I said, Fee Simple is a type of ownership, not a type of construction. Hud homes have come a long way, and are greatly improved. But that doesn't take away from the fact, that they are HUD homes (manufactured).

Last edited by rdlr; 03-12-2014 at 06:32 AM..

Old 03-12-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Doublewide homes on their own land can be held in Fee Simple Interest (on their own land) or in Leasehold (they rent their land). Fee Simple does not indicate the type of home it is - doublewide or stick built.

I believe you're confusing Fee Simple, a type of ownership, with type of construction.
Doublewides have steel frames, stick built do not. Doublewides (Hud Homes) have a Hud seal inside the home, stating wind resistance and details on construction. Usually, that sticker is in a closet. Doublewides (Hud homes) also have a metal plate on 2 corners of the unit (2 sections). They will identity the 3rd party company inspecting the unit for wind resistance, etc. The numbers will begin with RAD, ULI, or something similar. Ask the seller of these units, you're interested in, if these are HUD homes (doublewides). One of the new marketing terms they use now is "on frame modular" which confuses things more. The HUD sticker/metal plates identify the home. As I said, Fee Simple is a type of ownership, not a type of construction. Hud homes have come a long way, and are greatly improved. But that doesn't take away from the fact, that they are HUD homes (manufactured).
KathleenMary I think you need to you need to check closely into this. Ask direct point blank questions. If you find they have not been direct and up front RUN. Do not walk Run away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware