U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2016, 11:39 AM

7,776 posts, read 10,456,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Fortunately I was not personally involved. This is what the owner of the deceased dog told me. I have known this family for years and have no reason not to believe him.
If this is the family from the article in the Cape G last week it certainly sounds like the ball has been dropped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 08:41 AM

24,736 posts, read 23,704,984 times
Quote:
Fortunately I was not personally involved. This is what the owner of the deceased dog told me. I have known this family for years and have no reason not to believe him.
I believe you, and you know this person. I was sort of in that position about 15 years ago. There was a stray in the neighborhood and the family who'd been feeding him moved. That's when I encountered him. The neighborhood kids told me he'd been in the area for a few weeks. We took him in. Big mistake. I quickly learned that he had never had any sort of training and had probably been abused. He chewed up shoes, soiled the carpet, and was very defensive while eating. Out to the garage. Nothing like what looked to be a chow, shepherd mix growling at you. He escaped a few times. Several neighbors called the police because of his "antics". He'd come back with a lawn chair cushion or a slipper. The third time that the police came to my house, I told the officer to have animal control pick him up. I was done. Well, that didn't happen. He ran away about five days later and didn't come back. He wasn't going to be a good pet for anyone. I don't know if he was doomed from birth or just not loved. Some dogs just need to be put down.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:20 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,012,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
If this is the family from the article in the Cape G last week it certainly sounds like the ball has been dropped.
No it is not the same family. These folks are an older couple on Long Neck.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:49 AM

The TV producer who was near death after the incident at Punkin Chunkin is recovering.
TV Producer Recovering After Punkin Chunkin Incident | WGMD

http://www.capegazette.com/article/v...-injury/120990

Last edited by longneckone; 11-29-2016 at 08:06 AM..

Old 11-29-2016, 11:57 AM

805 posts, read 891,925 times
Smile Construction delays on I-95 in Wilmington area

I am planning a short trip to the Dover area in a few weeks. Today I went to AAA to get maps and have a route mapped out for the trip. The computer showed "construction delays" in the Wilmington area. I believe it said exits 1 to 4, but I could be wrong on that. The AAA employee told me maybe the construction will be finished by the time I go, but based on my experiences in CT., construction just seems to go on and on. Has anyone on this forum been in that area lately and seen how it was? If it's too bad, I can take the train to Wilmington and rent a car there, but I might still get stuck in the construction.

Thanks for any info!

Old 12-07-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Now that the SPCA does not handle stray dog/dog control does anyone know any thing about the folks who are doing it now? Recently we had an incident here in PotNets where a Pit Bull went through an open window knocking out the screen and attacked and killed a passing dog which was being walked by it's owner. The dog was picked up and the owners requested it be put down. few days laterI met the owner of the dog which had been killed . Person was very upset warning me to never walk my dog down that street again. It seems the folks now doing the dog catching refused to put the dog down and said if current owner did not take it back they would put it up for adoption,
Dog attacks continue in Sussex County | Cape Gazette
The first attack here is the one refereed to in my post. The info on the Georgetown case also shows responsible pet owner's are not being protected.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:57 AM

Delaware Death Redaction Ruled Retroactive | WGMD . It has been on the local news lately. Derrick Powell the person who killed a Georgetown Police Officer has escaped the death penalty.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:25 AM

Still snowing. Looks like the weatherman hit it on the head this time.!

Old 01-07-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Still snowing. Looks like the weatherman hit it on the head this time.!
.We were in the 4 to 8 inch zone. Over that now and it is still snowing. We may hit 4 + 8 inchesin Long Neck

Old 01-07-2017, 02:31 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,053,515 times
Yep....at least ten inches here in Ocean View so far. I went out and ran in it this morning and was the only one out! It was sooo quiet, almost surreal. I could pretend for a moment that it wasn't as overdeveloped here as it has become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware