Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:22 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,350,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
They have won the Delaware Today poll a few times I believe, Seasons Pizza won this past year. No offense to Seasons but IMHO its not even close to Cafe Riveria.
WOW - I was just gonna ask about Seasons!

I LOVE pizza. I could eat it a couple/few times a week lol...

I've had plenty of NY pizza, as my b/f is originally from Manhattan and we go alot. But i like lots of different kinds of pizza. I think each has their own good qualities. In NYC, i like Ray's Famous Original (or something like that), in Philly one on South St. - cant remember the name but i know the place.

Here in South Jersey I love one from a small pizzeria in a shopping center in Salem, which used to be called Mama Mia's, not even sure the name any more. But I also like a thicker crust one from Gus's.

For boardwalk pizza - Mack & Manco's!

I have not eaten much pizza in Delaware for years, so i'm excitedly reading this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 08:18 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
I like thin pizza so thats why I really like Charlies and Cafe Riveria, Seasons isn't bad, just not up to Cafe Riveria yet. Again thats my opinion.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 PM

9,722 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Pizza shops come and go in Kent County, and maybe elsewhere. There was a new one that came to Dover a couple of years ago and it only lasted 3-4 months. They were in a featured article in the local paper and said something like 'they were going to introduce Dover to good NY pizza and that Dover's been eating garbage'. They shot themselves in the foot. Wrong approach, I'd say.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:17 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
They have won the Delaware Today poll a few times I believe, Seasons Pizza won this past year. No offense to Seasons but IMHO its not even close to Cafe Riveria.

Cafe Riviera? Where is this?

We went to a cafe riveriera in Neshaminy mall in PA. Excellent food......Oh to die for.
Didn't know there was on in DE?

Jellybean...........I remember Mack Pizza on the boardwalk. That is another to die for. Is it still around cuz I'm going back 45 years ago.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:44 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,350,353 times
Yes - It's called Mack & Manco, but i believe it's the same one from years and years ago, and it's delicious!

Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Cafe Riviera? Where is this?

We went to a cafe riveriera in Neshaminy mall in PA. Excellent food......Oh to die for.
Didn't know there was on in DE?

Jellybean...........I remember Mack Pizza on the boardwalk. That is another to die for. Is it still around cuz I'm going back 45 years ago.

Its at the Concord Mall on route 202.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:36 AM

We are trying a new place for Lunch today. I must say we were impressed with the menu. Have the foggiest if the food is good but will find out.
It's called Abbotts Grill in Milford on Rout 14.
Will report back later if we find it's any good.

Anyone else been there?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Its at the Concord Mall on route 202.
Oh all the way up there. Dont' get up that much.......about maybe once or twice on my way to Reading PA.

See any good snakes lately james. LOL

Old 03-28-2011, 11:50 AM

388 posts, read 998,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
We are trying a new place for Lunch today. I must say we were impressed with the menu. Have the foggiest if the food is good but will find out.
It's called Abbotts Grill in Milford on Rout 14.
Will report back later if we find it's any good.

Anyone else been there?
elizamary, hubby and I were there last Tuesday for lunch and it is our favorite local place so far! Very knowledgeable waitstaff, yummy spinach tortilla strips and salsa as soon as you sit down, and a varied menu. I had the steak salad which was done perfectly and hubby had grilled portabella and roasted veggie sandwich. Desserts were so-so, however. Very interesting menu and rather upscale when you consider it is in a strip mall next to a dollar store . Enjoy!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
elizamary, hubby and I were there last Tuesday for lunch and it is our favorite local place so far! Very knowledgeable waitstaff, yummy spinach tortilla strips and salsa as soon as you sit down, and a varied menu. I had the steak salad which was done perfectly and hubby had grilled portabella and roasted veggie sandwich. Desserts were so-so, however. Very interesting menu and rather upscale when you consider it is in a strip mall next to a dollar store . Enjoy!
You are so right and described it to a "T". Spinach tortilla's were excellent with a jalepeno cheese dip. To die for
Plus french onion and fennel soup
Pear argulua salad with pecans, currants, feta cheese and brie cheese puffs.
There were 17 of us and not one complaint. That is saying alot.....17 women and not one complaint. LOL
Sweet potato soup
veggie panni's
Almost got the crab crepe's.......guess next time

Very interesting and upscale. Will definately be going back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware