Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:01 PM

46 posts, read 110,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandee1213 View Post
Has anyone tried Elements in Middletown? We are going next week. (without kids) I like piano bars. I was wondering if there is any feedback.
We have lived in Middletown for one year. Elements is terrific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 07:55 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,880,321 times
are they still open ? I thought I saw a sign 'for rent' in front of the property.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:23 AM

388 posts, read 998,495 times
I think its time to resurrect this thread as we tend to be more out and about in the warmer months. Has anyone been to anyplace interesting or extraordinary lately that they'd like to comment on?

I will start by mentioning 2 places that hubby and I have tried lately. Last week we ate at Mio Fratello on Rte 54 in Fenwick/Selbyville. This is a wonderful Italian restaurant/bar! From our being in the state these past 5 months or so, we have noticed a real lack of Italian eateries, at least in Sussex. Seafood rules, I suppose. Mio Fratello has a great and imaginative menu for a tiny place. Examples are braised veal shank in wine, portabella terrine, and the best wedding soup I have ever had. And a big plus for us, although it has nothing to do with the food - they play quiet, unobtrusive Italian music in the background. No blaring rock music as is prevalent in most places. Good Italian food, a little Sinatra in the background, YUM! Currently there is extensive roadwork being done on Rte 54 right in front of their establishment but it is worth it to make the U-turn!

Yesterday we ate lunch at The Georgia House in Milford. This restaurant may have been mentioned before and if so, I apologize. Their menu is extensive but uniquely varied - grilled meatloaf, baked potato soup, shrimp dishes, and Southern favorites my hubby loved like collard greens and sweet potato casserole. The place was bustling for mid-week and the young staff was attentive. Another winner for us.

Any other contributions out there?

Old 07-01-2011, 01:18 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times
Going......thank you so much for bring this back. BTW.....we went to Georgia house On Tues for our Southern Meadow ladies lunch......Excellent.

July we are going to Fraziers. Now I heard pro's and cons. Would like some feed back. I believe it was RDLR that said it was wonderful but one of my neighbors disagreed. Anyway, we are going there the end of the month and would like some recent feedback.

BTW.....Victoria's in the Boardwalk plaza was a real treat for us SM gals the end of May.
Felt like queen for a day.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:19 PM

oh one more thing.......Abbotts grill in Milford is also excellent.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:48 PM

242 posts, read 533,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtempman View Post
A short distance from Middletown is Chesapeake City, MD. A very nice cozy, casual but upscale restaurant: The Bayard House. Great food and atmosphere. I believe they could handle 55-65 people.

The Bayard House is now under new management. It is now owned by the same people who own The Bohemia Cafe on George St. The owner is from Austria, and I believe has changed the menu a bit to add some Austrian dishes in. Mostly new staff as well.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:20 AM

9,721 posts, read 14,260,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
July we are going to Fraziers. Now I heard pro's and cons. Would like some feed back. I believe it was RDLR that said it was wonderful but one of my neighbors disagreed.
I think Fraziers on the Water is nice, nothing exceptional, though. I thought it was better when it was The Lobby House, and before that Plaza Nine, but that's just my opinion. It's convenient to downtown Dover and Legislative Mall, which is a plus for us. Since I met John F. Kennedy there, that venue holds a special place in my heart.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I think Fraziers on the Water is nice, nothing exceptional, though. I thought it was better when it was The Lobby House, and before that Plaza Nine, but that's just my opinion. It's convenient to downtown Dover and Legislative Mall, which is a plus for us. Since I met John F. Kennedy there, that venue holds a special place in my heart.
Hi RDLR........I'm glad you popped in cuz I can't remember exactly what you said before.

I was there when it was the lobby house....when we first moved here 4 years ago.
WE are going anyway. I remember the food be okay...nothing spectacular but okay.
I love sitting by the pond. Scenery is wonderful.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:14 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,911,223 times
My husband and I eat out about twice a week so I'll share our favs .

Georgia House is excellent--been to the Millsboro and Laurel locations. Never a bad meal.

Jimmy' Grill in Bridgeville is wonderful--lots of food for a low price, and ohhh...those homemade rolls!! I love the fried chicken and broiled crab cake meal. Also, I always order the soup of the day.

Cottage Cafe in Bethany is pretty remarkable along with Bethany Blues. I can name a few top notch seafood buffets in OC, but that's Maryland.

Little eggplant--will have to try Mio Fratello!! We stop by Al Casapulla's in Millville often for the pizza and subs, but I agree...there are not many Italian restaurants in Sussex, much to my Italian mother's dismay when we moved to Sussex. Oh, and Al's plays Sinatra as well.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:45 AM

135 posts, read 298,579 times
Indian Food comes to Dover! Stopped at the Indian grocery store in Dover yesterday. They had a carry out menu from The Kabob Korner (706 N. Dupont Hwy) at the cash register. We decided to try it and it was incredible! Had the chicken curry..spice ratio just pefect. On July 15th they go from being just a carry out to a sit down restaurant. On Friday and Saturdays they will serve Biryani's. I didn't know this, but that dish is so much work it's normally only served in India at weddings.
If you like Indian food, give this place a try. Couldn't stop raving about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware