Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 08:01 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,182 times

Advertisements

From State Representative Ruth Briggs King's news letter

Delaware State Police News Advisory

Dover, DE - Delaware State Police is providing a Scam Alert Advisory. This is a general alert which covers any part of the State of Delaware.

Troopers are warning people to be on the lookout for scammers who make phone calls requesting donations to benefit police, EMS, etc. There have been complaints made recently concerning a request for donations to benefit police officers with no formal organization identified.

Troopers advise people of the following to avoid becoming a victim of a phone scam we recommend you take the following steps:
Attempt to get the caller's phone number and address.
Check all the facts. If you get a call and are concerned that it may be a scammer, ask the caller where they are calling from and call the agency.
Google or internet search the company and check for a valid website.
If you believe it is a scam do not cooperate with the caller. The best thing to do is to hang up the phone.
These scams are difficult to investigate. They will target persons of all age groups. Delaware State Police are asking citizens to remember the tips previously mentioned in order to not become a victim of one of these phone scams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 03:45 PM

388 posts, read 998,424 times
Yeah, I got one of those calls the other day. I said the same thing I always say - "Sorry, I do not respond to telephone solicitation. Please remove my number from your call list. Thank you." Then I hang up, don't wait for a response. Seems registering your number with the national do not call list does nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: