U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-23-2015, 10:05 PM
 
40 posts, read 39,270 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Hey so I'm making a day trip to Delaware from Annapolis to go to the Dogfish Head Brewery and can not find anything else to do/to go to in Delaware! NEED HELP

I'd really like some young local spots to check out, that give me an idea of what Delaware is really like. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2015, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
7,873 posts, read 10,563,569 times
Reputation: 7952
When are you making the trip? What kind of things do you enjoy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 07:24 AM
 
40 posts, read 39,270 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
When are you making the trip? What kind of things do you enjoy?
Last week of March. And pretty much anything your typical 20 something year old enjoys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 07:39 AM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
7,873 posts, read 10,563,569 times
Reputation: 7952
I will take a stab at this because your answer was not terribly helpful. It will still be on the cooler side but the Lewes Rehoboth Beach area have a lot to offer. Lewes has a wonderful quaint downtown area and a fabulous historical district that you could spend hours touring and not visit even 1/10 of the area. Rehoboth has Rehoboth Avenue with the boardwalk and a ton of bars. There are also art galleries and some ordinary shops and some very interesting ones. There is Cape Henlopen State Park. Milton has a very interesting downtown area also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Greenville, Delaware
4,726 posts, read 10,322,320 times
Reputation: 2595
Milton is quite close to the historic old town of Lewes. I'd suggest popping over there after the brewery and having lunch somewhere like Agave (if you like really authentic, non-TexMex Mexican food and individually made margaritas with the lime squeezed separately for each drink ordered) or any number of other places on or around 2nd Street (the main street in the old town). Lewes is incredibly charming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Long Neck,De
4,792 posts, read 6,792,581 times
Reputation: 4768
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisiscool01 View Post
Hey so I'm making a day trip to Delaware from Annapolis to go to the Dogfish Head Brewery and can not find anything else to do/to go to in Delaware! NEED HELP

I'd really like some young local spots to check out, that give me an idea of what Delaware is really like. Thanks!
How about googling and see if other breweries are also offering tours?? You will be here in March. It is off season. What you will see is certainly not what Delaware is like during the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 08:59 AM
 
40 posts, read 39,270 times
Reputation: 16
Oh I didn't realize how close the beach was! That sounds perfect... well as close to perfect as it can be in March. Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 09:09 AM
 
7,360 posts, read 10,799,487 times
Reputation: 14959
I hate to throw a damper into this, but to be perfectly honest.....Lots of retirees are settling into Lewes/Milton/Rehoboth. If I was young, I wouldn't be interested in visiting those places until the hip crowd shows up the end of May (other than the brewery in Milton). In the summer months, the place is alive with young people having fun everywhere. I'm really stretching my memory, but thinking back to my young, fun years, I was not interested in art galleries or history. I enjoyed live music and meeting/socializing with people my age. There are some bars/pubs having bands and/or other live music, year round, but those places don't draw the fun crowds until it warms up. Besides....you have to be 21 to be served in those places. If it's a "restaurant" type venue, of course you can enjoy the music and drink non-alcoholic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 10:49 AM
 
1,230 posts, read 1,558,913 times
Reputation: 2312
I agree that the younger crowd arrives with the warmer weather. After Memorial day you might enjoy a tour called "pints and paddles" offered by Quest Kayaking. You meet in Lewes and kayak up the Broadkill river to Milton and get a tour of the brewery - then you kayak back to Lewes. They offered this in 2014 and I imagine they will do so in 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
7,873 posts, read 10,563,569 times
Reputation: 7952
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I hate to throw a damper into this, but to be perfectly honest.....Lots of retirees are settling into Lewes/Milton/Rehoboth. If I was young, I wouldn't be interested in visiting those places until the hip crowd shows up the end of May (other than the brewery in Milton). In the summer months, the place is alive with young people having fun everywhere. I'm really stretching my memory, but thinking back to my young, fun years, I was not interested in art galleries or history. I enjoyed live music and meeting/socializing with people my age. There are some bars/pubs having bands and/or other live music, year round, but those places don't draw the fun crowds until it warms up. Besides....you have to be 21 to be served in those places. If it's a "restaurant" type venue, of course you can enjoy the music and drink non-alcoholic.

RDLR, my immediate inclination was to simply say at 20 something all you are interested in is bars, but I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. In fact if it were the summer I would have immediately suggested Dewey but March......not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top