Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:54 PM

40 posts, read 226,368 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of moving to DE and since we are not familiar with the area I'm having trouble looking at real estate.

Is there a website where you can look for real estate that is for sale in all areas in DE instead of putting in a specific area? We have no idea if we can even afford something so that is why I need to look all over the state.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 03:35 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
I'm also looking in Delaware and I am using realtor.com. Unfortunately you have to enter a city or town and they don't list by state. Good luck.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:00 PM

40 posts, read 226,368 times
Hi Jersey Man,

That is what I did earlier. I guess I'm on the right track at least. Thanks for the reply.

Good luck to you too!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,299 times
Default DE Home Search

We too, have searching for the perfect (retirement) home in DE. Try [URL="http://www.MLS.com"]MLS.com - Search for homes on MLS nationwide[/URL] or [URL="http://www.newhomesearch.com"]www.newhomesearch.com[/URL] or [URL="http://www.delmls.com"]InnoVia Internet MLS System[/URL] as they are all ways to search a broader area in the 3 DE counties.

We have so far focused on the towns of Lewes, Milton, Milsboro and Ocean View. These were suggested by a realtor friend living in the Ocean View/Bethany area. Another friend of a friend bought a lot 10 years ago on Broadkill Beach and had her dream home built, but that doesn't help us looking now!

I would love to have a water view with my morning coffee but that comes at a higher price both home-wise and tax-wise so we may adjust that to a longer trip to the water. I will say that taxes we pay on a PUD townhome in Frederick, MD are almost 8K and for a single family home in say Milton, the taxes are more like 3K. Move that Milton house to the water and the taxes rise, of course. Big difference for us looking to retire. Good luck!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:27 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times
Zillow is a site many people search. None of them are current, though.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:04 AM

445 posts, read 1,984,516 times
Ive used Patterson schwartz. It seems like they have alot of delaware real estate on it.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,158 times
Try [url]http://www.roost.com[/url] they cover the greater DC/Bal/DE area with all the MLS listings. Not totally sure about if all of Delaware is there but I think they have most.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:40 AM

405 posts, read 1,375,263 times
I'm currently looking for a house in Delaware and I use this website tristateteam.com (don't forget to put the www in the front then put it in your browser) It's all of Delaware, and even Maryland and PA

Last edited by Laural; 03-21-2008 at 11:49 AM..

Old 03-21-2008, 12:13 PM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times
I guess any of these sites is better than nothing. But the very best thing to do is have your Realtor look in Trend MLS for you, which is the primary service in Delaware that Realtors and Appraisers pay $ for.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:18 PM

14 posts, read 52,222 times
What occurs in Delaware is that the Realtors have two different MLS systems to deal with, Trend MLS and Innovia MLS, so it's not always easy to find a site that can search both. Trend covers the central county of Kent and the northern county of New Castle, while Innovia covers the southern county of Sussex. (there's only three counties btw)
Welcome to SearchHomesDelaware.com Find Delaware Homes for Sale does a very current search of Kent and New Castle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware