U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:54 AM

15,508 posts, read 7,446,949 times
Hi 12 Buttons.....

I would suggest getting in touch with a realtor in the northern DE area........New Castle county. It is pretty up there and not close to the beach.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,560 times
Bob,

Like you we recently looked at Baywood and are trying to gather information as we found the community to be very nice.

One real estate person I spoke recently sort of spooked me about the land lease arrangement and availability of financing. She indicated resale value could be affected by the remaining term of the lease.

Please share with me anything you find out and I will do the same.

It's a big decision and I want to make a smart choice. I'm sure you feel the same.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:49 AM

25 posts, read 45,802 times
Anyone know if residency in Baywood includes golf membership, or maybe a discount on membership? Also, how negotiable are the land lease terms?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,779 times
Default Why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksnut View Post
Anyone know if residency in Baywood includes golf membership, or maybe a discount on membership? Also, how negotiable are the land lease terms?

Why would anyone in their right mind want a home that is land lease in a public golf coarse community? God Bless don't do it!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:46 AM

3 posts, read 10,393 times
Still have home for sale in Baywood and looking for buyer, 3B/2B and long land lease. Have broker and after I was relocated rel estate market tanked. Great location and great neighbors . Current land lease is $750.00 month for close to 200 sqft.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:14 PM

53 posts, read 89,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoLewes View Post
Why would anyone in their right mind want a home that is land lease in a public golf coarse community? God Bless don't do it!

I was thinking the same thing. $450K and you don't own the land? With all the real estate options out there for buyers these days???

Old 07-08-2010, 11:36 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,410,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksnut View Post
Tunnel does NOT negotiate on lease terms . There is always at least 1 security patrol on duty in BayWood. Paramedics, Ambulance and fire Co are literally seconds away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware