U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 12:27 PM

9,240 posts, read 13,290,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I meant that we would come north to you but we want the crowds to die down here before we venture north. So true we will need to coordinate all things up in your neck of the woods.
We'll figure it out. Don't think there any regulars here from New Castle County, but maybe I'm mistaken. We'll hash it out and decide on a NC, Kent, or Sussex location that suits everybody. (Don't worry, Joe. It won't be in your new man cave).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 05:35 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,159,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
We'll figure it out. Don't think there any regulars here from New Castle County, but maybe I'm mistaken. We'll hash it out and decide on a NC, Kent, or Sussex location that suits everybody. (Don't worry, Joe. It won't be in your new man cave).
Well..., I have to break the man cave in eventually! By Sept we plan on being permanent, so if my place is a good half way location, let me know and I'll run it past the boss.(yes, I am man enough to admit I am not in charge!). If the party slows up Delly, you can lead a convoy 10 minutes due south of here!

Old 07-12-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Cough - Cough....

Well, ah....er....We don't have Summer Crowds or Sea Witch here. We do have lots of Festivals, Nascar Racing, and Concerts Delaware Junction (country music festival) gets over on August 18th. NYJoe can walk there.
Delaware Junction Country Music Festival Delaware Junction
Yea, but would I be able to walk home?

Old 07-17-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Spill please, sounds yummy. Sorry Joe gotta know and I am hijacking for the recipe.
Here ya go nuts, enjoy!

Strawberry Salad

Dressing:
​2/3 c sugar
​6 TB cidar vinegar
​2 TB onion, grated
​2 TB yellow mustard
​½ tea salt
​1 cup oil
​2 TB poppy seeds

To make dressing, pour all ingredients in blender or food processor and give it a good whirl to incorporate the sugar. Keep in refrigerator overnight.

The next day....
Have 3 heads of romaine lettuce in nice size pieces (either tear or sliced)
and 1 pound of strawberries sliced ready in the fridge. Immediately prior to serving, pour as much or as little dressing as you like directly onto the lettuce and strawberries. Give a gentle stir, and you're done.

The salad must be eaten fresh, does not hold well. The dressing keeps well in the fridge for at least a week.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:20 PM

2,285 posts, read 4,616,725 times
Thanks Joe! Sounds like I need to add a few things to my grocery list.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:45 AM

12,698 posts, read 16,383,680 times
Quote:
Spill please, sounds yummy. Sorry Joe gotta know and I am hijacking for the recipe.
You MUST try this. Mrs. NYJO and NYJOE, it was so beyond good, that I forwarded it to my sister on LI and she had a group of friends over, who asked for the recipe, so not only did she enjoy it so did her friends.

Thank you again.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:41 PM

301 posts, read 219,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
I am now a happy resident of Harrington(will be full time by end of summer).

Note to Phillies Phan, if you want to argue the whole southern state/not southern state subject, please start your own thread for your debate. Don't hijack this one.
that is what i always liked about new yorkers .........they always tell it like it is.........

Old 08-18-2015, 08:51 PM

27 posts, read 33,235 times
How are the summers near the beach town of lewes? Is it as humid as the other parts?

Old 08-19-2015, 07:31 AM

1,914 posts, read 3,715,552 times
I find the beach area to be not as hot as humid as inland areas.....because of the sea breeze. My husband works inland and always comes homing saying how much hotter and muggier it is where he works compared to where we live. Our winters tend not to be as bad as inland areas as well. Win-win situation.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:56 AM

11 posts, read 76,186 times
I moved from Dover, Delaware to Denver. There is little to no humidity out here in Denver, and I certainly don't miss the bugs. Don't miss the Delaware humidity one bit. Its no fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware