Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 05:32 AM

6 posts, read 8,745 times

Advertisements

Yes the cobblestones are still there and I have not asked when this will be corrected. For the time being I stay to the right, so half the car rides on smooth concrete and the other half on the cobblestone.
-
Yes it is also correct that construction starts at 7.00 am. 60 from the 70 townhomes are occupied. 5 townhomes are scheduled to settle next month and the remaining 5 townhomes in December 2017.
-
So by January 2018 all construction activities at "New Seabury" townhouses should have come to and end.
-
If there is anything else anyone would like to hear about, just let me know. Be glad to help..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 05:41 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
When I first looked at the community, (already living in my current home) I was so struck by the cost of the cobblestones for what in my mind was not a selling feature, that I asked someone, who said he was the construction manager and the cobblestones are a permanent feature. He said " it was an aesthetic enhancement" to the entrance of the community, so I would guess that they are going to remain, based upon that.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:05 AM

6 posts, read 8,745 times
Not necessarily. On September 30, 2017 our "New Seabury" section within Coastal Club will elect 2 new home owners to Home Owners Association to the one already there.
-
So commencing October 1, 2017 the "New Seabury" Condominium Association will be run by 100% home owners and no longer by the builder. This means that "New Seabury" within the Coastal Club can decide what we wish to do with common areas within "New Seabury's" section.
-
The same logic true when the home owners take over the master HOA from the builder. When that is done, we can make the cobblestones as smooth as we like it!

Old 09-25-2017, 11:54 AM

Yeah, Good Luck with getting a majority to spend $$ on what some will deem as a needless expense and others something that they think is just awful. My HOA happens to be very well run because we have a talented group manning the board and the minions (me for one) that will jump to help the community out.

That said, when you have a reserve fund item it needs to be voted on and your CC&R's will spell out how votes need to be handled.

I am curious about one thing you said. Is the entire "Coastal Club" under the New Seabury Condo Assn. title or does each section have their own board? If individual sections, is there an equal representation of each section on a master board? I can't imagine that one section would have the ability to determine the actions of an entire community. Thanks.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:21 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
When I first looked at the community, (already living in my current home) I was so struck by the cost of the cobblestones for what in my mind was not a selling feature, that I asked someone, who said he was the construction manager and the cobblestones are a permanent feature. He said " it was an aesthetic enhancement" to the entrance of the community, so I would guess that they are going to remain, based upon that.
Many expensive new homes have Belgian block or cobblestone apron at the bottom of the driveway rather than simple tarmac which can look a bit cheap. Any car built in the last 20 years will have absolutely no problem with them - suspension and alignment are built for far more punishing levels of potholes hit at higher speeds.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Many expensive new homes have Belgian block or cobblestone apron at the bottom of the driveway rather than simple tarmac which can look a bit cheap. Any car built in the last 20 years will have absolutely no problem with them - suspension and alignment are built for far more punishing levels of potholes hit at higher speeds.
Apron yes, but not an entire entrance to community. If your car had to drive over these on a daily basis I would be totally shocked if it didn't need adjustments more frequently than in a non cobblestone entrance, Again, just my opinion.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:31 PM

1,793 posts, read 3,348,388 times
Wow...sounds like "Lower Slower" is becoming too ritzy for my blood, though I will still visit this week as planned. Not the type of environment I'm comfortable in - drives up the prices of everything; I've seen it happen in Kennett Square when the Beamers, Infinities and Saabs started to outnumber the old, clunky Volvos and Volkswagons of the Old Guard. Hmmm...

Old 09-26-2017, 03:49 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
Wow...sounds like "Lower Slower" is becoming too ritzy for my blood, though I will still visit this week as planned. Not the type of environment I'm comfortable in - drives up the prices of everything; I've seen it happen in Kennett Square when the Beamers, Infinities and Saabs started to outnumber the old, clunky Volvos and Volkswagons of the Old Guard. Hmmm...

Oh, you're in the wrong place! Check out "Slower, Lower Delaware" That's SLD not LSD...that's the drug).
http://www.slowerlowerdelaware.com/about.html

Old 09-26-2017, 12:59 PM

1,793 posts, read 3,348,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Oh, you're in the wrong place! Check out "Slower, Lower Delaware" That's SLD not LSD...that's the drug).
About
HA!!!!!!

Well...it will still be interesting to see if, just like so many areas of Chester County, PA (Kennett, in particular), SLD is turning into another McMansion haven. That really changes the vibe for me

Old 09-26-2017, 01:03 PM

Soulserv, don't let the description scare you. It is one community that has this. Other than the Peninsula, I think most communities look like they blend in with the environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware