Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:15 PM

405 posts, read 1,375,052 times

Advertisements

duh!!! That's right chopsticks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 03:37 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,420,365 times
Fortune cookies w/b fun for the kids too and to make it look more festive, maybe each plate could have those tiny fold-up umbrellas to stick on an eggroll (they usually go in adult's frozen drinks but not here <G>) if you could find them (maybe Party City - ?), big eggrolls would probably be a waste of money as the kids might just take one bite but have seen some very small egg rolls (like 1/2 inch wide x 1 1/2 inch long) that are very inexpensive and easy to heat up (they sell them frozen in my local grocery store and they're almost always on sale). Just some thoughts, sounds like a fun event (and different than the usual spaghetti dinners), getting tempted for Chinese now this week (too bad we just had pizza!)

Old 02-11-2008, 02:33 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,155 times
Thanks again gang... I am making notes for the scout meeting Tuesday night. Sadly, I am just the "helper" mom, so someone else is officially in charge. Everything I have run by her, seems to be a "maybe" consideration. Will know for sure after the meeting.

Love the idea about the fans, or umbrellas, or whatever. Will see if Party City has a website, as there are none here in Dover that I know of. Local folks, please correct me if I just don't know where one is.

Mary

Old 02-12-2008, 11:35 AM

38 posts, read 135,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Oh, Laural, you can be my new best friend! But you can do all the cake decorating you want... I have no patience for the frosting! Hurry up and get to DE, would you? I too an scheming for a small business.. tied to my craftiness.

Mary

I admire cake bakers so much, After so many attempts with the icing thing, getting so excited and ending up with a lopsided cake, melted icing, mixing colors, phew, this is an art and I admire it, even some chemistry goes into probably. Martha Stewart is one of my idol's (though I've never discussed this with anybody) because she has all that stuff down pat but also because she knows how to be the perfect host and thats one of my secret goals, well, being a homemaker that translates to perfect 'housekeeper' but I dont mind striving for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware