U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 12:01 PM

663 posts, read 5,265,831 times

Advertisements

My husband and I want to spend a week in Rehoboth Beach. Where are some good places to rent for a week (like a small condo) or perhaps nice B and B's that are reasonable for a week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 06:23 PM

87 posts, read 282,671 times
We used to stay for a week each year and always stayed at Star of the Sea. It's a condo on the boardwalk. Also on the boardwalk are the Edgewater House, One Virginia, and the Henlopen Hotel (which also has condos). Just off the boardwalk is Patrician Towers. There's also Brighten Suites which is one block off the boardwalk and for really reasonable rates you could stay at The Ark, which is 5 blocks from the beach (you would need to use a realtor to rent here). So much fun.....we just got back from a weekend in Rehoboth and it was really crowded, even in February....probably because of of the long weekend and so many people, including us, own condos now.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 9,752 times
Default Rehoboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
My husband and I want to spend a week in Rehoboth Beach. Where are some good places to rent for a week (like a small condo) or perhaps nice B and B's that are reasonable for a week?
My wife and I have been vacationing in Rehoboth for 30 years.

All of the beach front condo buildings offer similar spaces, although Edgewater House is unique in that all units are beach front and the two bedroom units also have 2 baths with one bedroom and bath on a second floor. This is great to put the kids upstairs and the parents use the downstairs bedroom.

Pricing on the board walk is comparable in all the buildings.

Boardwalk Plaza Hotel is also ocean front, very upscale and in season fairly pricey--even for Rehoboth.

If you are bringing dogs to the beach you will need to verify with any of the condo buildings whether they permit renters to bring animals. Most do not.

You will have a choice of studio (efficiency) one bedroom and two bedrooms at several condo units, but not all.

For my money, we only stay now at Edgewater House.

Enjoy

Old 04-03-2008, 12:43 PM

19 posts, read 90,970 times
I like the Bellmoor - almost a little European hotel hidden behind the Dogfish Head restaurant area.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:59 AM

21 posts, read 64,494 times
Default Book through an agent...

My husband and I have been vacationing in Rehoboth for the last 10 years. His family has stayed for over 25 years. We tried for the first few years to book through a few private condos and we have found that it's SO much easier to book through one of the local rental agencies.

We much prefer an actual beach house (we have a young family) and have been able to find a small place (sleeps 4-6), ocean block for under $1000. Prices do vary and can top out at several thousand dollars, depending on your budget and what you think is "affordable" for you.

We always book through Jack Lingo - the people are very knowledgeable and when we call, we tell them the week we want and our budget and they will give us a list of all the places that are available and normally tell us which ones would suit us best (we have children, we like our street to be quiet, we love North Rehoboth by the lake and the playground...)

There are several other agencies that deal with the rentals and I would assume most of them would be very helpful. The nice thing about the agencies is that you have so many options and they also deal with many of the local condos.

The website for the Rehoboth Beach Chamber of Commerce lists all of the real estate agencies that deal with rentals in Rehoboth Beach.

Beach-Fun.com - THE OFFICIAL GUIDE FOR REHOBOTH AND DEWEY BEACHES THE OFFICIAL GUIDE FOR REHOBOTH AND DEWEY BEACHES

The website is great for other activities in Rehoboth as well.
Hope this helps. Good luck and have a great time!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:10 AM

957 posts, read 3,323,845 times
There are rental houses all over the beach area. Call Jack Lingo Realty in Rehoboth Beach. They seem to handle most of them. Some may be handled by the owner. If you drice around the beach are within a block or two from the beach you'll see lots of for rent signs.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:35 PM

21 posts, read 96,727 times
My husband and I are thinking about renting a condo in a building in Rehoboth called The Wilmington for our summer vacation this year.. can anyone tell me and info on this buiding... ie... location, cleaness... etc.. ever stayed there ? anything you can tell me would be helpful.. thanks much !

Old 02-13-2009, 05:08 PM

803 posts, read 2,700,897 times
Default Summer Rentals in Rehoboth

I was wondering... about how much would a modest rental in Rehoboth go for during the summer season, per week? - - - - We're thinking about making the drive from Pittsburgh and I'm comparing Rehoboth to Ocean City, as far as lodging and entertainment go....

Old 07-10-2013, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,091 times
The Wilmington unit 107 is not worth the weekly rate. While we were at this condo the sleep sofa was broken for three nights. When it was fixed the sleeper was so uncomfortable it was unusable for adults. So unless you use the floor the unit does not sleep six. The back balcony of the unit overlooks several dumpsters and the smell does not make the use of the balcony enjoyable. Then there is the 8 am trash pick up several times a week that works better than a loud alarm clock. This condo unit while convenient to the beach is not worth the weekly rate they charge.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:44 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,762,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plccww1 View Post
The Wilmington unit 107 is not worth the weekly rate. While we were at this condo the sleep sofa was broken for three nights. When it was fixed the sleeper was so uncomfortable it was unusable for adults. So unless you use the floor the unit does not sleep six. The back balcony of the unit overlooks several dumpsters and the smell does not make the use of the balcony enjoyable. Then there is the 8 am trash pick up several times a week that works better than a loud alarm clock. This condo unit while convenient to the beach is not worth the weekly rate they charge.
Considering you dug back years to pull up this thread I'm guessing you didn't enjoy your visit. Sorry to hear that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or