U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:35 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,550,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyaug3 View Post
Hi, my husband and I just moved to Magnolia from New Jersey and would like to meet people live in a beautiful new neighborhood but looks like we are the oldest ones there (52 & 54) HELP!!!!!
Hello, and welcome to Magnolia.

We just moved here exactly 1 year ago to southern Meadows 55+ community.
After the first year, I can safely say there are NO regrets.
We got you beat a tad on age So that is a double HELP

We meet for lunch every once in a while so Check the post and join us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 08:30 AM

271 posts, read 902,165 times
Marge! Thanks for being older than we are , though my mother would refer to you as young! So it's all relative, isn't it?

We're not seniors yet, but older than almost anymore here as far as I can tell. My husband will reach seniorhood before I do, and I'd say that I plan to tease him about it, but I'm not far behind, and in any case, as Mary, who is a child age-wise, says, it really isn't entirely about your age.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:58 PM

902 posts, read 3,214,449 times
Ah, Annie, thank you for the ego booster about me being relatively "young" in the age dept! Kinda takes the sting out of hubby's dig about my approaching birthday! He loves to call me his "old lady" around my b-day, as he is 4 yrs younger than me (yep, I was a cradle robber years ago when we met).

Marge, I do think one of the criteria for the lunch bunch is to be a bit looney; seems to fit most of us around the table! No offense to my dear C-D friends... I am probably the FIRST one of us looking for the men with little white coats. Maybe it has something to do with the way the WIND blows in DE???????

Mary

Old 02-29-2008, 06:50 AM

693 posts, read 2,613,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Marge, I do think one of the criteria for the lunch bunch is to be a bit looney; seems to fit most of us around the table! No offense to my dear C-D friends... I am probably the FIRST one of us looking for the men with little white coats. Maybe it has something to do with the way the WIND blows in DE???????

Mary
Speak for yourself, Mary !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:44 AM

Yep, PA, you are probably the most serious (and SANE) one of the bunch! I mean that as the utmost compliment... every group needs a leader!

Perhaps the cause for the rest of us IS the wind... and your neighborhood is sheltering you from that which blows here in DE. Those moving to central Kent... go to PA's area or you'll get blown away elsewhere!!!

So as to not scare off anymore newbies, this is ALL in fun on my part! Total exaggeration.... right gang?

Mary

Old 03-01-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Yep, PA, you are probably the most serious (and SANE) one of the bunch! I mean that as the utmost compliment... every group needs a leader!

Perhaps the cause for the rest of us IS the wind... and your neighborhood is sheltering you from that which blows here in DE. Those moving to central Kent... go to PA's area or you'll get blown away elsewhere!!!

So as to not scare off anymore newbies, this is ALL in fun on my part! Total exaggeration.... right gang?

Mary
Ah, so the rest of us are insane? Well, I do admit to being a tad dizzy at times. I know we get a lot wind here. Bill says this is the windiest place he has ever been. So you really think it is the wind mary?

Old 03-01-2008, 11:11 AM

It HAS to be the wind eliza, what else could it be? Back in NC, I was the most sane person I knew! Now-adays, I stay wind blown... so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I think Mr Bill is onto something! I KNEW he was a pretty smart fella! Give him my hello, would ya? Gotta come see you two next week... what do ya think?

Mary

Old 03-03-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
It HAS to be the wind eliza, what else could it be? Back in NC, I was the most sane person I knew! Now-adays, I stay wind blown... so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I think Mr Bill is onto something! I KNEW he was a pretty smart fella! Give him my hello, would ya? Gotta come see you two next week... what do ya think?

Mary
I think it is fine Mary. Pick a day. I have March 11th, 12th and 14 opened.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:03 PM

Elizamary, I'll check my calendar for next week. Are you doing anything the 13th, other than making jewelry??? I could pull double duty, and come out early that day. Gotta give Mr Bill equal attention.

Price of gas these days, its a long ride from Camden/Wyoming to Magnolia!

Mary

Old 03-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Elizamary, I'll check my calendar for next week. Are you doing anything the 13th, other than making jewelry??? I could pull double duty, and come out early that day. Gotta give Mr Bill equal attention.

Price of gas these days, its a long ride from Camden/Wyoming to Magnolia!

Mary
Sure Mares, pull a double. come at 10 or 11 if you want. Class is at 1so we can have a little lunch then go up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware