U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:08 PM

15 posts, read 82,158 times

Advertisements

Just wondering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 PM

405 posts, read 1,251,720 times
Great questions, I'll let you know when I move there next month.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:13 AM

728 posts, read 1,599,521 times
Short winters.

Close to beaches.

Fire flies in the summer.

Far from my Ex wife!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:32 AM

271 posts, read 903,198 times
We will move from Dover within the next year or so, but I think I can sum up what we've most enjoyed during our 30 years here easily: the beaches!

We tend to spend most of our time in Lewes, Rehoboth, Delaware Seashore Park, and Bethany Beach during the off-season, but I'm afraid people are catching on to this time of year being great too! Recently, we spend a cold but brilliantly sunny day in Lewes and Rehoboth, and everything--not just the ocean--sparkled!

Old 02-25-2008, 04:29 PM

7 posts, read 21,620 times
Fun place to live, better than NJ and PA

i have lived in all those states and the funnest and best is DE
I love Wilmington , the city it has so many things to do specially in the summer and the place is lively too

Old 03-02-2008, 08:38 AM

295 posts, read 657,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy c View Post
Just wondering?
I have been here since I was 2 1/2 (1959) and I'm still trying to come up with something for you...

Old 03-02-2008, 08:48 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,561,427 times
What do I love about living in DE? Hum.......well what drew us to DE was a better deal on a 55+ community. We checked out other states from Florida to Arizona and in between.
De had the best deal.
Cheaper living tax wise, homes were cheaper and quality just as good if not better.

Since we have moved here which is about 1 year ago, I can truthfully say there are NO regrets for we know we did the right thing.

I personally know people living in other 55+ communities elsewhere and the homes are so over priced with a hefty tax to pay.
There is one community we really wanted to move in cuz it was near where we lived. That community is Neshaminy Falls in Horsham Pa. The older homes are so old they look like trailers and cost as much as a brand new home in Southern Meadows.
the newer homes in Neshaminy are over they top in price and also come with a hefty lot rent and tax.

On another note, I agree with other posters about being close to the beach, Maryland and Philly.
We live in Kent County 10 minutes south of dover. There is every store imaginable here.
So I have all that I want right here.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:16 PM

137 posts, read 282,198 times
Default all the stores......

Except Costco...Oh, I will miss my Costco when we move to Magnolia. Maybe with the area growing, the company will decide to put another one in Delaware. Cristianna mall is too far away for my weekly Costco fix.

And Trader Joe's. Love that one, too.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 AM

377 posts, read 880,273 times
The beaches and all the places to fish and crab. Easy to drive to all the stores.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:52 AM

902 posts, read 3,217,362 times
My list is too long about what we love about living in DE... but suffice it to say we have not found much of anything we DON'T love here! Other posters have already listed some of the things, so I won't repeat.

Oddly enough, so far (we have been here 6 months) we are VERY happy with the public schools. As I have posted elsewhere, schools were our primary reason for moving here, as we have a 13 yr old with autism. Finally, we are getting great services in public schools for him... something that was NOT happening in central NC where we moved from.

Here in central Kent County, we are very happy with convenience in reaching our various parts of the family tree (except the family in NC), as we do have relatives all up and down the east coast. We like being essentially in the middle; can go either way and get there reasonably enough.

Gotta run... look forward to other posts!

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware