Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 08:13 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,523,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Lori.....I keep posting the amounts of our Kent County taxes, but some are in denial that they are real.
Yes, they are; we live in a middle class neighborhood in an older home, which is in good condition. We've enjoyed low real estate taxes in Delaware for many, many, many years, even WAY before they started that senior citizen tax credit. Our Kent County real estate tax bill when we purchased this property 35 years ago was $150/year. So they've not gone up much at all.
As a real estate professional, could you please give your opinion what is the normal budget for a decent house in Delaware right now?

I am interested primarily in New Castle County, but Kent County info will be helpful too. I see huge variations. And what I really like is probably around 350K and above. But in 100-250K range I don't see much difference.

When I was shopping for a house in Texas, my agent told me that starting point for OK house is around 180K (in Houston area). How this starting point looks in Delaware?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 05:34 PM

3,974 posts, read 4,256,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Lori.....I keep posting the amounts of our Kent County taxes, but some are in denial that they are real.
Yes, they are; we live in a middle class neighborhood in an older home, which is in good condition. We've enjoyed low real estate taxes in Delaware for many, many, many years, even WAY before they started that senior citizen tax credit. Our Kent County real estate tax bill when we purchased this property 35 years ago was $150/year. So they've not gone up much at all.
NJ is just nuts regarding property taxes. Nuts! Since most of our property taxes go to the school systems, it becomes harder and harder to justify staying here and paying those taxes as we get older. Hence, I am looking hard at Delaware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware