U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 08:20 PM

4 posts, read 17,283 times

Advertisements

Calling all Delawarians who have lived in New Castle county-

My husband and I are really considering relocating to Sussex or Kent County. We are both from PA originally however have lived in DE for over 14 years. In that time we have lived all over New Castle- Pike Creek, Newark, Bear, and more. We have young children about to enter grade school. We are ready for a change and a less congested place to call home.

Open to moving from Dover to Lewes and in between.

If you have moved down state, how do you like the change? What is it like?
And can you recommend any nice communities to call home for a younger family?

Really ready to leave the insane New Castle traffic behind and be closer to the beach. Thanks very much, L
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 08:00 AM

35 posts, read 124,818 times
I was raised and lived in the Kirkwood Hwy area. I never in a million years thought I would move to middle DE. My husband and our three children now live in Smryna (it's been about 6 years).

It was definitely a change, but a good one. The schools are way better, the people are friendlier, the food is good. I've also found that we can actually leave our stuff in the yard without getting stolen! What a piece of mind! We love the small town feel but close to everything in Dover.

Travelling to work was something to get used to, but the drive relaxes you before you walk through the door. It's not like fighting traffic in NC County.

The living is cheaper and so are the taxes and gas prices.

You can actually hear the crickets at night and see the stars.

You won't regret it, as long as you can earn a living and have a job set up.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:19 PM

4 posts, read 17,283 times
Thanks for the post Noodles.
It sounds really lovely. A nice change of pace. New Castle is getting out of control and crowded. Just drove through Smyrna the other day on a trip to XBO's and was amazed at all the new shops and new construction. I can see what all the fuss is about. And the schools do look alot better than up here. Thanks again,

Old 03-03-2008, 09:32 PM

7,321 posts, read 10,752,675 times
Noodles......I am so glad you are happy in Smyrna, and we locals are glad you are here! There's nothing I'd rather here then, people happy they made the right choice! To 14inDE.........Come On Down!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware