Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 12:22 PM

314 posts, read 555,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl3133 View Post
I loved the Trolley Square neighborhood and lived there for 2 years, but having lived in other urban areas I would say that the Wilmington public transit system is not developed enough to substitute it for owning a car. Trolley is great; you have a grocery store, restaurants/bars, dry cleaners, pharmacy, El Diablo, etc.

I would advise you to consider utilities and other insurances costs associated with living in DE. I was astounded at how much more my utilities cost compared to other cities. I would attribute this to poor insulation and old windows, but have heard similar complaints from other folks who lived in more recently built dwellings.

Best of luck with your search!

You are right about that. And there isn't even a trolley line anymore in Trolley Square.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 01:04 PM

16 posts, read 30,305 times
You need a car in Delaware. Public transportation isn't that organized nor does it extend throughout the state.

Old 06-01-2017, 03:40 PM

259 posts, read 174,230 times
Chicago.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:26 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,872,199 times
Considering a potential move to DE for new job in the Financial sector. Work location would be Newark or Wilimington as the company has offices in both places. Am totally new to this location and this is the beginning of my research. A recruiter is trying to sell me on this location and Owing Mills MD.

Married couple w/o children, late middle-age, rent first, prefer location where there is some public transport, most of all safe. I've read here that Trolley Square is a good place. We've lived in big cities and overseas and are currently in Raleigh.

Is there a sticky or existing thread in the DE subforum for this? I checked a few pages back, will happily read older threads like this if this is covered elsewhere.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:07 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Considering a potential move to DE for new job in the Financial sector. Work location would be Newark or Wilimington as the company has offices in both places. Am totally new to this location and this is the beginning of my research. A recruiter is trying to sell me on this location and Owing Mills MD.

Married couple w/o children, late middle-age, rent first, prefer location where there is some public transport, most of all safe. I've read here that Trolley Square is a good place. We've lived in big cities and overseas and are currently in Raleigh.

Is there a sticky or existing thread in the DE subforum for this? I checked a few pages back, will happily read older threads like this if this is covered elsewhere.
Look on the blue bar for the word "search" type what her you are looking for in that space and see what comes up.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:42 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,872,199 times
Congrats for the post of the week

Old 06-10-2017, 11:33 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Congrats for the post of the week
I didn't get the rep points I am sure you sent, but thanks for the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: