Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2017, 09:45 AM

186 posts, read 174,712 times

Advertisements

Does the crime increase a lot during the month's of May-Sept in the beach communities (lower south Sussex County) due to visitors of other states and also Delaware residents. I heard especially property crimes. What other crimes example drugs- assaults are committed? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 12:59 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,897,650 times
Crime is never really a problem here in the Bethany/OV area. Thankfully, my area draws in a kinder, gentler kind of tourist--typically retirees, families with children, and affluent professionals from surrounding states. These types of visitors aren't looking for a bar fight, looking to score drugs from a local dealer, or out trying to steal whatever they can....thank goodness. Honestly, most of the thieving around here is done by poorer residents in surrounding areas or residents with drug addictions. The tourists (along with the residents) become the victims.

No violent stranger danger crime here. I've been in OV for over fifteen years, often out alone by myself in both crowded and desolate areas, and the biggest threat I've ever encountered is unleashed and uncontrollable dogs. Even that is rare, especially during the summer....more an off season problem.

Others can chime in on the Rehoboth/Lewes area, but I've pretty much summed OV/Bethany up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: