U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 08:29 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,194,025 times

Advertisements

or have property there?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 03:34 AM

7,326 posts, read 10,756,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
or have property there?
I don't live there, but work there quite often. In my opinion, that's the next building boom along the Bay. It happened to Broadkill, and lot prices escalated there. I think Primehook is very nice with great possibilities, and the older homes are being refurbished or replaced. If I was looking for a Bay property, Primehook would be my choice, or Fowler's Beach. Quiet now, but give it 10 years and the lots won't be affordable.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:23 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,547,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
I don't live there, but work there quite often. In my opinion, that's the next building boom along the Bay. It happened to Broadkill, and lot prices escalated there. I think Primehook is very nice with great possibilities, and the older homes are being refurbished or replaced. If I was looking for a Bay property, Primehook would be my choice, or Fowler's Beach. Quiet now, but give it 10 years and the lots won't be affordable.
Delly,
In 10 years, my home may be a beach front home. the rising waters will no doubt alter our coast line.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Delly,
In 10 years, my home may be a beach front home. the rising waters will no doubt alter our coast line.
You could be right, Eliza
Our son lives in Milford and out-of-staters think that's "almost" the beach, now! I used to have the actual percentages of beach and bay front that's getting washed away each year, but don't know where that is now. What I think is hilarious is the "waterfront" lots in subdivisions that are being sold to those not knowing any better. Those lots are located along storm water drainage ponds/facilities, required by the counties as part of their open space plan. Waterfront lot? I don't think so. They catch the run-off from the other lots and streets and breed mosquitoes.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
You could be right, Eliza
Our son lives in Milford and out-of-staters think that's "almost" the beach, now! I used to have the actual percentages of beach and bay front that's getting washed away each year, but don't know where that is now. What I think is hilarious is the "waterfront" lots in subdivisions that are being sold to those not knowing any better. Those lots are located along storm water drainage ponds/facilities, required by the counties as part of their open space plan. Waterfront lot? I don't think so. They catch the run-off from the other lots and streets and breed mosquitoes.
It was the joke when we lived in Northeast Philly 2 blocks from the Delaware river, That our home in Philly could be a beach front home.
My daughter thinks eventually the delmarva peninsula could be a thing of the past. She is an Environmental major. Who knows, huh? I"m hoping we can find a solution to slow down the effects of global warming if not some day reverse them.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:53 PM

Default Also

Quote:
I have not wanted to live right on the water due to flooding. you never know these days and it is too risky.
Here in SM, some residents who live in front of a pond are e complaining about mosquitos . Some are getting screened in porches because of this problem.
Where we are, it is not bad. They paid extra for a pond view in the back of their home and now they put up with mosquitos.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
They paid extra for a pond view in the back of their home and now they put up with mosquitos.
Yes, I know. It's certainly not a lot premium, but I'm sure they've been told that. What is it they say?....If you repeat something long enough, people start believing it?

Old 03-23-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know. It's certainly not a lot premium, but I'm sure they've been told that. What is it they say?....If you repeat something long enough, people start believing it?
Yes this is probably true. Great sales pitch isn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or