Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2018, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 739 times

Advertisements

Hi! My job is relocating me to Salisbury, MD and my wife and I are planning to live in southern Delaware. We grew up going to the beaches in Delaware so we are familiar with the area and all that it has to offer, but we've never given a thorough look into moving there. Our research has turned up many great looking houses in Ocean View, Millsboro, Dagsboro, Selbyville, and Fenwick. We've also seen some good housing options come up in Ocean Pines and Berlin, MD.

There are many posts about moving to Delaware on this forum and they have been tremendously helpful, but like everyone else, each situation is unique so I'm hoping to get some advice specific to our situation.

We are a mid 30s couple with two children (1 and 3). I will be commuting to Salisbury, and would like to stick to roughly 45 minutes commuting. My wife will raise our children. We would like to send our kids to private/catholic school if that is an option, but it is not required.

I'd like to keep the cost around $400k or less, but we can go up to the $500k range. Our ideal home would have enough land to provide a barrier from our neighbors without isolating us or require excessive work, so around 1/2 to 1 acre. I do not want an HOA, but it seems to be fairly common in the areas we're searching. We would like 4+ bedrooms in a well constructed single family home. By that, I mean a home that wasn't built just to sell mortgages before the housing crisis. We would prefer to not be in a development that is the same home copied one after another with no trees or landscaping. Since our kids are young, we would like to find an area with other young families as well.

I understand that we are not going to find exactly what we want, but it provides a nice guideline of what kind of community we desire. So, can you help guide me in areas to look for homes? We plan on doing some area familiarization this weekend so it would be great to have some starting points.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware