U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:52 AM

243 posts, read 834,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase_from_DE View Post
Best advice, like some said, would be find a good realtor who knows whats up. We used Joe Gies from prudential fox and roach (pike creek) when we bought the house we are in and will be using him again when it comes time to move next year, great guy and does home improvements and construction on the side so he knows what he is looking at when he goes to show you a home.
Thanks for the info. We have a realtor that we are dealing with and like. Realtor seems very knowledgeable and has connections. I won't reveal just who it is right now and don't know that you are supposed to on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 10:02 AM

64 posts, read 118,500 times
ooo, if i made a no-no, my bad...

i would think the forum admins would discourage realtors themselves of not touting their services and such, didn't think a recommendation would be a big deal

Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
ooo, if i made a no-no, my bad...

i would think the forum admins would discourage realtors themselves of not touting their services and such, didn't think a recommendation would be a big deal
Hey Chase, I wasn't correcting you or saying you did anything wrong. I'm just not in a position to reveal anything and don't know all the rules one way or another.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:29 AM

hey thats cool! just thought i would throw a couple pennies on it

Old 04-24-2008, 02:33 PM

405 posts, read 1,248,835 times
Quote:
Best advice, like some said, would be find a good realtor who knows whats up. We used Joe Gies from prudential fox and roach (pike creek) when we bought the house we are in and will be using him again when it comes time to move next year, great guy and does home improvements and construction on the side so he knows what he is looking at when he goes to show you a home.
We used John Luca from the same place. Is that off of Limestone (something like that) he was great too, he could walk into the house point out things that were wrong with it that we didn't notice.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:16 PM

Yes Laural, same place, in pike creek shopping center next to plato's closet and valle's (best crabcakes)

Old 04-24-2008, 07:36 PM

405 posts, read 1,248,835 times
Quote:
Yes Laural, same place, in pike creek shopping center next to plato's closet and valle's (best crabcakes)
I couldn't tell you what was next to it we were to excited about putting in an offer that I didn't pay attention to the surroundings. But you say they have the best crabcakes, we'll have to drive by there and try them out. I LOVE crabcakes.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:47 PM

6,047 posts, read 21,581,164 times
FYI, City-Data.com does frown on recommending real estate professionals in posts. If you would like to recommend a real estate professional, please do so by DM (direct message). Any DMs (or posts) that are construed as soliciting/advertising may result in account suspension.
I hope that helps!

Old 04-25-2008, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the information Christina. I would have checked the details before posting anything questionable.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:19 PM

7 posts, read 38,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
We all know that when someone puts a house on the market for a particular price, it never sells for that. Here in New York, I've been told most houses sell for within 15% of the asking price, generally speaking. Does anyone have an idea what to expect in Delaware? Is there a difference in a new home vs an older home as far as the percentages?
Hey Charlie,my wife and I visited Champions club,Spring Meadow and that one by Benchmark in north Dover.All were very nice,but we(my wife) still like Nobles the best.Spring Meadow was nice and clean,but the houses were a little small.We liked Champions houses,but I don't know if I'd want to live under a airport landing zone.We're going to Independence this weekend.I'd like to go fishing,but the waters a little cool yet. Keats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware