Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:21 PM

12 posts, read 45,931 times

Advertisements

Hi there! I wanted to intruduce myself. I'm a newbie, and despite a "few" moves (SC, TX, DE, NC, OH, AZ) due to Dad as 2nd gen. Duponter, my own educational and job pursuits, and marriage!, DE IS still home to me. Can't convince me there's a better place!

Dad and 3 siblings are AI Middle and High alum and still in the greater NCC area. (They bought early!) My best memories ever are visiting relatives in DE, and later, going to Bethany Beach w/ a friend.
Born @ Wilm General, went to Burkholders, then Tatnall briefly before a move, and am a Spartan alum ~ 10 or so yrs ago. So, I can contribute as far as N NCC goes, especially how it's developed recently and the reputation of the schools there! I promise not to be too harsh! (Although I WAS tempted to post a laughing response to the post regarding what you could get in N NCC for 200K! (But, I didn't ! ) I would have suggested picking up one of the real estate books instead.) I have a sarcastic sense of humor and can be a "bit" blunt and feisty! Don't hold it against me! I'll try to be good.

Anyway, I've been reading the DE boards like crazy, as hubby and I are looking to relocate (No kiddies yet) and are priced out of N NCC. Ok w/ me. I enjoy S DE! And, I know hubby couldn't handle the hustle and traffic of 95, 141 and 202! He's a straight up, honest, Midwestern guy. I know S DE needs good Docs, and even though I'm biased, he's quality. How many Docs pass up potential income in order to see fewer patients and ensure quality care, can deliver babies and treat neonates, handle emergencies (ACLS, PALS, and some ICU), and pick off & manage complicated Geriatric Internal Medicine and do most of it off the Wal-Mart $4 list so people can eat? May post on this later after I read the DE Medical post.

What I meant to say before my soapbox was to commend you all on the advice, especially from all the regulars. It has been so helpful, and well researched. Even when negative info is "dumped" on the board, it's addressed, and humored w/ such aplomb for the good of the board and those reading it. This board has it right! It's full of friendliness and goodwill. (Characteristic of DE!) By far the best and most informative board I've read! Kudos!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

PS: Learning about DE history has been fascinating! Keep it up. Nothing like those who have lived it to hear the real story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 03:31 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,667,888 times
Welcome to the forum Lsky and thanks for the compliments.
We are a friendly group and find DE to be a friendly state. My hub and I just moved here a year ago from Philly and we love living here. I never knew De had so much to offer. The beaches are great too.
Again Welcome Looking forward to your positive input.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:02 PM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
Hi Lsky!
So glad to hear from you, and I believe you are a girl after my own heart! You just might be a "rambler" like me, and I'm a senior woman! Please take that as a compliment!

I'm also a local yocal, born and raised here (well, actually, St. Francis in Wilmington) have been here since dirt, and have an opinion on everything! I love telling all I know about Delaware, and need no encouragement! It looks like you know quite a bit about Delaware, yourself! Southern Delaware, you know, has 2 parts.....of course, east and west. (East....the beaches, West....the farms).Thank you for posting, and I'm looking forward to reading more! Bring your soapbox every time you sign in! I don't go anywhere without mine!

Old 04-21-2008, 07:57 PM

361 posts, read 1,946,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsky View Post
What I meant to say before my soapbox was to commend you all on the advice, especially from all the regulars. It has been so helpful, and well researched. Even when negative info is "dumped" on the board, it's addressed, and humored w/ such aplomb for the good of the board and those reading it. This board has it right! It's full of friendliness and goodwill. (Characteristic of DE!) By far the best and most informative board I've read! Kudos!
I'd like to second that!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:00 PM

12 posts, read 45,931 times
Default Thanks for the warm welcome!

Senior vs Junior only mattered in HS! In all seriousness, I take it as a compliment if y'all see yourselves in me, I can hang w/ you, and you can put up w/ me! I actually prefer the company of people who are older than I. You can't put a price on life experience.

Delly, you pegged me! I AM a rambler with a soapbox, don't suffer fools, and LOVE to tell it how it is!

I know a fair amount abt N NCC, w/ the exception of the city of Wilmington proper. I never really had occasion to be there.

I'm looking FW to learning about S DE and hoping to find a place both hubby and I will like, as I very much want to come back!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katreese View Post
I'd like to second that!
Well, this is great! We can brag about Delaware, Hee and Haw, and get Smileys! It can't get any better!

Old 04-22-2008, 09:26 AM

16 posts, read 55,001 times
Welcome LSKY,

Like Delly I have been here since dirt 1/2 NCC and 1/2 Kent, but I defer to her, you will get an abundance of good info from her. She really has her ear to the ground..

Old 04-22-2008, 09:38 AM

Thank you, MIKE! There are some wonderful people on here, and everybody contributes positively (for the most part). It's good knowing you're a "Fine Delawarean". There aren't many of us here. They're all at the Boondocks and Sambo's!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,084,252 times
Welcome Lsky.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsky View Post
I'm looking FW to learning about S DE and hoping to find a place both hubby and I will like, as I very much want to come back!
Lsky.....Well, you DO know that the east side of Sussex County is the beach area, and the mid to western side of Sussex County consists of quite a few farms. In the Roxana area, as soon as you get out of Clarksville, you will be in chicken farm country. And, you know what that means, don't you?
.......Sussex County Snow.........
I hope this isn't offensive to you, and in case you don't know, Sussex County Snow comes from the chickens traveling on trucks, heading to the chicken plants. When you follow one of those trucks, you'll be in the midst of Sussex County Snow. (white chicken feathers)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware