U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:06 AM

6 posts, read 29,231 times

Advertisements

I have responded with private messages to many posters who needed information regarding relocating to Delaware and only one person has responded with a "thank you". I consider myself an expert on the subject due to my profession which I will not mention due to the possibility of moderator editing and/or violation of terms.

All I'm saying is if someone takes the time to do research and give you a thorough response to your question(s)/concern(s), one should have the decency to reply or to say "thank you".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 11:23 AM

19,922 posts, read 7,408,245 times
Iris,

Without meaning to be argumentative, I respectfully suggest that if you have the answers to questions that are asked on a public forum, perhaps those answers might serve us well by being posted in that same public forum. In that way, all of us who read the questions - and might also be looking for the same answers - can benefit from the information you may be providing.

Just a thought from someone who enjoys seeing good information shared with all.

Charley

Old 04-23-2008, 11:40 AM

15,571 posts, read 7,707,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisMichelle View Post
I have responded with private messages to many posters who needed information regarding relocating to Delaware and only one person has responded with a "thank you". I consider myself an expert on the subject due to my profession which I will not mention due to the possibility of moderator editing and/or violation of terms.

All I'm saying is if someone takes the time to do research and give you a thorough response to your question(s)/concern(s), one should have the decency to reply or to say "thank you".
With all due respect, unless they asked you personally to do the research, they don't have to reply at all.

Like Charley said, post it on the public forum for all of us to share in your expertise

Old 04-23-2008, 04:52 PM

357 posts, read 1,348,411 times
Maybe they didn't get the message? I know the first time I got one, it took me a while to figure out that I had one! *doi*

Old 04-23-2008, 05:12 PM

405 posts, read 956,157 times
IrisMichele, Yup it's possible they don't know how the PM works it took me a little while to figure out the private message myself. I also agree with the others I would love to hear your info, I am new to the area and would love to tap into your knowledge.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:38 PM

243 posts, read 613,232 times
So would you please give up the secret? How do you know if you have a personal message or not? I'm fairly new and I've been on the board for a few weeks. It's possible I have a personal message and don't know.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:32 AM

64 posts, read 26,186 times
movn2del you can look up to the top right of the page where it says "Direct Messages" that is the link to your "PM's"

here it is here as well http://www.city-data.com/forum/private.php

there you can check your in and out boxes to see what messages you have.

and on the OP topic, if you are PM'ing people without them asking you to specifically they are probably put off and think you might be trying to secure them as a client. just post it up on the forum, that way everyone knows your expertise and your reputation will proceed you positively.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase_from_DE View Post
movn2del you can look up to the top right of the page where it says "Direct Messages" that is the link to your "PM's"

here it is here as well http://www.city-data.com/forum/private.php

there you can check your in and out boxes to see what messages you have.

and on the OP topic, if you are PM'ing people without them asking you to specifically they are probably put off and think you might be trying to secure them as a client. just post it up on the forum, that way everyone knows your expertise and your reputation will proceed you positively.
Thanks for the info Someone sent me a PM just to check it out.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisMichelle View Post

I'm sorry you are so angry about others' behavior. Perhaps it wasn't intentional and they didn't get the PM. Even so, I think we all need to be accepting of others shortcomings. They may not know any better.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM

51 posts, read 121,859 times
Some people have no clue that you put an effort into it. It's not they are being rude they just don't think to say thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware