Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 05:42 AM

3 posts, read 22,814 times

Advertisements

I read a comment recently about a greenhouse near Dover, De. I cannot find it (the comment) now. Could the writer kindly write again giving the correct name, telephone number, location and a description of what the place is like.
I think the name of the business may have been Yoder's Greenhouse or Rose Valley Greenhouse. Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 07:33 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
I dont recall any comment but just do an advanced search if it was posted on this forum - greenhouse (would spell it also green house) and DE - or try Yoder's Greenhouse or Rose Valley Greenhouse - but would try greenhouse first. Another thought, try googling it, that may work as well.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:07 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lou View Post
I read a comment recently about a greenhouse near Dover, De. I cannot find it (the comment) now. Could the writer kindly write again giving the correct name, telephone number, location and a description of what the place is like.
I think the name of the business may have been Yoder's Greenhouse or Rose Valley Greenhouse. Thanks a bunch!
Lady Lou, I suspect you are thinking of Harvey Yoder's place. There won't be a phone number available. This is a family of Amish with the most beautiful flowers and plants in the area.

If you follow Rt. 8 (Forrest Ave.) west from Dover, you will find Byler's Store on the left hand side of the road....about 3 miles beyond the Modern Maturity Center. Rose Valley School Road goes to the left just on the other side of Byler's. Make that left on to Rose Valley. The lane to Harvey's greenhouses is just after you make that turn. His place is on the left side of Rose Valley School Road.

If you use Google maps and click on satellite view, you can clearly see the property behind Byler's.

Take time to enjoy the lovely flowers and tranquil peace of his farm. He's a kind and charming man.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:21 PM

9,723 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Lady Lou, I suspect you are thinking of Harvey Yoder's place.
Rockky, Great Directions!
There's another greenhouse on Nault Road. I thought that was Rose Valley Greenhouse, but I could be wrong. It's quicker to access that one from the Hazlettville Road end. I was there last year to buy some plants, but haven't been there this year yet. And of course, no phone there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware