Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 09:53 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times

Advertisements

It's time to look forward! I see that the Lewes 4th of July Fireworks will now be held on Labor Day Weekend. Still awaiting an update on the Delaware State Fair (last week of July) and Wyoming Peach Festival (First Saturday in August). My calendar is starting to fill up with fun. Time to move on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 05:45 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,139 times
I sadly cleaned out my calendar with all the firehouse meals, American Legion crab and shrimp nights, in March and April, etc, Last night I got a notice peach festival cancelled, but it was Milton. I am really hoping Wyoming and Middletown have theirs. I’m optimistic about the State Fair, too.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:21 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,910,003 times
Hoping we can have the craft beer festivals and the fun Rudder events this fall. Already planning my fall racing schedule....

Old 05-23-2020, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
Hoping we can have the craft beer festivals and the fun Rudder events this fall. Already planning my fall racing schedule....
I agree.....our best fun thing at the Rudder is the Elvis Competition, usually the same weekend as Nascar in September. It brings out the worst in us!

Old 05-23-2020, 11:01 AM

Angry one Peach Festival cancelled

I just received notice that Middletown Peach Festival is cancelled. However, they are trying to figure out a way to sell their peaches, t-shirts and peach desserts. I would drive to Middletown to get the peach ice cream sundae and peach pie, plus baked beans, sold at the MOT Senior Center.

Old 05-23-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
I just received notice that Middletown Peach Festival is cancelled. However, they are trying to figure out a way to sell their peaches, t-shirts and peach desserts. I would drive to Middletown to get the peach ice cream sundae and peach pie, plus baked beans, sold at the MOT Senior Center.
Our Peach Festival Committee Meeting, which is scheduled for June 17th, is still on the books for the Town of Wyoming. The Festival is scheduled for the first Saturday in August. Fifer's free ice cream day, will be either the week before, or the week after the town Peach Festival. Those events were previously on the same day, but because of traffic snarls, so many crowds, and safety issues, they changed it so each event is on a different Saturday. I'll post any new updates.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Our Peach Festival Committee Meeting, which is scheduled for June 17th, is still on the books for the Town of Wyoming. The Festival is scheduled for the first Saturday in August. Fifer's free ice cream day, will be either the week before, or the week after the town Peach Festival. Those events were previously on the same day, but because of traffic snarls, so many crowds, and safety issues, they changed it so each event is on a different Saturday. I'll post any new updates.
Hopefully, it does take place. I love the peach fuzzy, made by the church group, the garden railroad display, food booths, ice cream, really everything. The church has a big tag and bake sale that day, too. We park at the church and walk to the festival.

I was at the Amish market in Middletown yesterday and their ice cream counter is closed, though they could still make and sell smoothies, pretzels and those hot rolled-up sandwiches. Byler’s ice cream stand has been closed for months. I don’t know why ice cream is riskier than other food items.

I guess I should be glad I went to everything in the years when it was possible.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:58 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
Hopefully, it does take place. I love the peach fuzzy, made by the church group, the garden railroad display, food booths, ice cream, really everything. The church has a big tag and bake sale that day, too. We park at the church and walk to the festival.

I was at the Amish market in Middletown yesterday and their ice cream counter is closed, though they could still make and sell smoothies, pretzels and those hot rolled-up sandwiches. Byler’s ice cream stand has been closed for months. I don’t know why ice cream is riskier than other food items.

I guess I should be glad I went to everything in the years when it was possible.
Oh, am Amish pretzel. Yum.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Ice cream cones/shakes/Italian still possible in the Town of Wyoming at Tre-Sorelle-Dolce (Three Sweet Sisters). This is the newest addition to the town, a miniature golf course and ice cream shop along the railroad tracks. They recently added a drive thru. All safe, you touch nothing. Insert your debit or credit card in a slot, and your ice cream is served from a little window, onto a tray. Just lift off your treats. Ice cream cones a little different, a scoop of ice cream in a cup, and a cone upside down on top. Unfortunately for my waistline, we visit there every day or two. That's the highlight of our day lately.....buying an ice cream treat, driving a block over to the Wyoming Pond, watching the ducks, and enjoying the small town atmosphere.

https://www.visitdelawarevillages.co...m-italian-ice/

Old 05-25-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Ice cream cones/shakes/Italian still possible in the Town of Wyoming at Tre-Sorelle-Dolce (Three Sweet Sisters). This is the newest addition to the town, a miniature golf course and ice cream shop along the railroad tracks. They recently added a drive thru. All safe, you touch nothing. Insert your debit or credit card in a slot, and your ice cream is served from a little window, onto a tray. Just lift off your treats. Ice cream cones a little different, a scoop of ice cream in a cup, and a cone upside down on top. Unfortunately for my waistline, we visit there every day or two. That's the highlight of our day lately.....buying an ice cream treat, driving a block over to the Wyoming Pond, watching the ducks, and enjoying the small town atmosphere.

https://www.visitdelawarevillages.co...m-italian-ice/
that sounds like a good way to spend a day. I have visited all the charming towns nearby, including Wyoming. Discovered Viola a couple of weeks ago and liked it so much I went again. Also visited the stunning Smyrna Rest Area twice in a week. Where I came from, Ct., the parks have re-opened with no restrooms, no benches or picnic tables - all things that rest area has - and wi-fi, a pond, fountain and gardens to walk thru. Like a day in the park. It’s possible to have an enjoyable day here, despite everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware