U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:09 PM

342 posts, read 613,174 times
Default Senior Centers

Anyone go to or have any information on the Senior Centers in the Dover/Milford/Harrington, etc. etc. area?

CaroleM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 06:12 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,344,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Anyone go to or have any information on the Senior Centers in the Dover/Milford/Harrington, etc. etc. area?

CaroleM
Hi CaroleM,
In Dover.....the Modern Maturity Center, Forest Avenue
In Camden...Harvest Years, South Street
Harrington has one, also.....sorry, don't know name
I joined Camden's a couple of years ago, but only went twice. At 67 I'm still in the work force running my own business, and working more than 60 hours/week. Fun time is at a premium, and there are other things I'd rather do.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:07 PM

902 posts, read 2,378,048 times
I've been to Modern Maturity Center a handful of times for lunch with others; at 48 I am too "young" for the senior centers right now. Been picking up the monthly newsletter put out by MMC, as my folks have visited several times and will be residents this summer.

Wish I could help you more, but I'm just a kid!

Mary

Old 04-29-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
I've been to Modern Maturity Center a handful of times for lunch with others; at 48 I am too "young" for the senior centers right now. Been picking up the monthly newsletter put out by MMC, as my folks have visited several times and will be residents this summer.

Wish I could help you more, but I'm just a kid!
Mary
You've got that right! If I think I'm not old enough, you certainly are not! My mom and dad both enjoyed the Dover MMC, and it really filled a gap for them. But, those centers have really changed from just offering crafty type exercises for members, to world traveling.

Mary, you are really something! (I say that lovingly)

Old 04-29-2008, 03:56 AM

342 posts, read 613,174 times
Good Morning to all,

I will check out Modern Maturity Center. Seems I read somewhere that it has a swimming pool.....anyone know if this is correct?

When I move to De permanently I need to find a pool for the winter. My park has one for the summer but it closes Labor Day.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:26 AM

44 posts, read 109,647 times
Default Indoor pool

Quote:
Good Morning to all,

I will check out Modern Maturity Center. Seems I read somewhere that it has a swimming pool.....anyone know if this is correct?

When I move to De permanently I need to find a pool for the winter. My park has one for the summer but it closes Labor Day.
You might want to check Lake Forest High School. They have an indoor Community pool.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:28 AM

15,455 posts, read 7,235,130 times
Quote:

CaroleM
There is also harvest years. I heard pros and cons. some say it bores them and others love it. One lady mentioned it's better than Modern Maturity.
gotta to o and try it. We have not been yet.

MM is good but some days the lunches suck.

Mary.........I did not like that chicken salad we had the other week,

Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Good Morning to all,

Morning, CaroleM!

The Modern Maturity Center on Forest Avenue, in Dover has a pool, also the YMCA on South State Street in Dover.

Delly

Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 AM

902 posts, read 2,378,048 times
Hey there CaroleM!

Will be checking out the MMC soon; my folks are moving to DE in June. Dad will love the indoor pool; mom is deathly afraid of water above bath level!

As a mom of a Special Olympiad, I wholeheartedly vouch for the Dover YMCA pool. Just started swim practice there; we like it a lot so far. I picked up the Y Aquatic schedule this past Sunday... since I'm too young (gotta put in that plug yet again) for MMC membership, I may be getting the family membership to the YMCA pretty soon. Love the facility!

Mary

Last edited by maryCh; 04-30-2008 at 01:00 AM.. Reason: typo.. too late in the night!

Old 04-30-2008, 05:54 AM

15,455 posts, read 7,235,130 times
Quote:
Good Morning to all,

Hi Carole,
MM cost $10 to join for the year. They do have a pool and gym but the cost is separate although very reasonable. If we didnt' go to Florida Feb, I would have signed up for the pool. But alias, Duty calls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware