Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 02:32 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times

Advertisements

In Dewey Beach, about the end of September or first of October, there's a greyhound convention every year.......I mean hundreds of dogs, everywhere.....on the balconies of motels, along the beach and on the sidewalks. They literally own the place for one full weekend.

The Rusty Rudder in Dewey is known for various events, as some know.....Elvis weekend, Rock 'n Roll weekend with local bands, and much more. You can check the Dewey Beach, or Rusty Rudder Calendar for events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 03:30 PM

405 posts, read 1,374,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfmbh View Post
LOL! It would be tough laying our Bloodhound (132 lbs) & Saint Bernard (155 lbs.) in our laps! Just thinking about it scares me!!!!
LOL well do they have a problem with getting their nails done? Some of my guys think we are trying to kill them, so I do this hypnosis thing that works really well, but they lay in my lap.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaC View Post
Dover is actually opening its very first dog park this weekend. It will be at Tidbury Park off State St.
Yay!
Cool I will have to check that out.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
In Dewey Beach, about the end of September or first of October, there's a greyhound convention every year.......I mean hundreds of dogs, everywhere.....on the balconies of motels, along the beach and on the sidewalks. They literally own the place for one full weekend.

The Rusty Rudder in Dewey is known for various events, as some know.....Elvis weekend, Rock 'n Roll weekend with local bands, and much more. You can check the Dewey Beach, or Rusty Rudder Calendar for events.
Oooo that sounds like fun, is it only Greyhounds, or do other breeds go to this too?

Old 05-06-2008, 04:48 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laural View Post
Oooo that sounds like fun, is it only Greyhounds, or do other breeds go to this too?
Sept. 21st Critters for a Cure Fun Dog Show
Oct. 10-13 Greyhounds Reach the Beach
Beach-Fun.com - THE OFFICIAL GUIDE FOR REHOBOTH AND DEWEY BEACHES THE OFFICIAL GUIDE FOR REHOBOTH AND DEWEY BEACHES

Old 05-06-2008, 08:03 PM

65 posts, read 233,634 times
Zoe is ADORABLE!

Tabitha

Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachanyone View Post
Zoe is ADORABLE!

Tabitha
Thanks, her personality is even more adorable

Old 05-06-2008, 10:06 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Sounds like a fun event, something different. thanks for the link, Delly. I believe Greyhound Rescue sponsors an annual picnic and some even dress up in costumes etc. Our area just had a big cancer walk and many brought their dogs. Unfort. we had a conflict and werent able to go but it was very well attended and everyone had a good time (got to see some photos), it's a very worthwhile event (not sure how much $ they made overall but it was a lot), I think there's another smaller walk that's sponsored in early spring (dogs are allowed but they dont get the turnout that Bear Mt does), both are well organized though.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:03 AM

243 posts, read 914,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Havent tried it - am waiting to hear results from a couple of people who bought it a while ago - I think dremels are good but personally havent had much luck w/ it although I havent perservered as much as I should, I think the noise might make them nervous (and it gets hot so you have to tap it lightly against the nail) - we go to a local groomer once a month for their nails and it's worked out well, we're in and out but I hate paying the $, it adds up. Have used the Furminator and shed ender (from tv, a cheaper version of the Furminator) and like them very much, also the shedding blade (from Walmarts, Targets etc). More than you wanted to know I'm sure, LOL
We have the Furminator. It is the best
Quote:
I was also interested in this product but read the reviews and most people thought it was crap.

We use a dremel on all the guys, it's like an assembly line, once one dog is done we grab another. It works really well, I lay a dog in my lap and give them a massage and my hubby dremels away.
I kinda thought it was too good to be true.
Quote:
LOL well do they have a problem with getting their nails done? Some of my guys think we are trying to kill them, so I do this hypnosis thing that works really well, but they lay in my lap.
The St. Bernard isn't so bad. The Bloodhound has to be done when he is almost comatose.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:50 PM

I haven't posted pics for awhile here's some more...enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Dogs, Dogs, Dogs!-picture-062.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware