Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:38 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,528,207 times

Advertisements

Larry,
I love the Lewes area, however, the only 55+ community near Lewes is Bay Crossing and out of my price range($300k - $400K). There is Sussex East and Sussex West - but they are mobile home/land lease 55+ communities and the land lease rent runs $5k - $6K per year.

Depending upon your price range, you may want to look at The Vineyards at Nassau Valley which is 5 miles west of downtown Lewes. It is not a 55+ community, but a new condo community which will be on 82 acres and consist of condos and shopping.

I also like "Plantations" which is an existing Condo/townhouse community about two miles south of TVNV. You can take a look at some of the MLS resales available at the Plantations to get an idea of these condos. Two bedroom, 2 bath units with a garage are in the $210K - $230K range.

Two years ago I started out looking at ranch style homes in 55+ communities. An absolute must for me is handicap accessible to be able to age in place. That means I want no outside maintenance and I do want shopping, doctors offices etc. with in walking/bike distance or near a bus route. I like many of the 55+ communities I have seen, but, they all require a car to get to shopping etc. I have since decided that a condo located near shopping gives me all of the advanatages of a 55+ community. As soon as I visited the Lewes area including the bay and ocean beaches I knew I wanted to live within 5 miles of downtown Lewes. If you like fishing - you will love Lewes.

I recommended to NY2DE a small condo I rented in downtown Lewes as a home base from which to spend a week exploring various 55+ communities in central and southern DE. He is heading to DE for a week in late September. You may want to touch base with NY2DE and get his impression of the various 55+ communities from a man's viewpoint. As a single female I expect that I will find a condo in the Lewes area that will give me all of the features I wanted from 55+ communites in a price range that will suit my budget as well as being within 5 miles of the ocean.

Mary2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 08:16 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,923,185 times
Why are there 3 separate threads currently open on Noble's Pond?????????????

Old 01-23-2011, 08:41 AM

13,248 posts, read 33,371,866 times
All merged. This may well be confusing since when threads are merged the posts are placed in order of date and the threads don't stay clumped together. Hopefully though the ends will justify the means.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 AM

13,248 posts, read 33,371,866 times
Please note, a new poster came onto this forum primarily to slam one development. That is against the terms of service for this site.http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Quote:
This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.
Any posts that are similar in nature will be deleted.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:24 PM

45 posts, read 96,277 times
Default Change

As a hopefully future resident of Nobles Pond, I feel compelled to stand up for the wonderful people who call this place home. I know many of them personally and can say that nicer people I have not met. Nobles Pond is currently going through change and change is often difficult and scary. I believe whatever issues are facing this community will get worked out in the near future. Not everyone there has lost faith in the management group and eventually the growing pains that come with change will subside. There are too many good and decent people living in this community for it not too. The houses are beautiful, the management, I feel, is competent and well meaning and, as I stated before, the residents are good caring people who want nothing more than to live out their retirement in peace and tranquility. I do believe this will happen. If I did not, I would pull out now. I have no intention of doing this and give my complete confidence to the residents of Nobles Pond, all of them, that any issues that now exist will be resolved. Anyone looking for a 55+ community in which to retire, do not dismiss Nobles Pond to quickly. There have been those on this site recently that have encouraged people to not consider Nobles Pond in their retirement community search. Please don't believe everything you hear or read on the internet. Do your own homework and make your decisions on first hand knowledge and information. I feel very strongly that Nobles Pond deserves your consideration and eliminating it from your search prematurely may be a mistake. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site, good luck Nobles Pond during your transition and God willing my wife and I will be joining you soon. Keep the faith!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:28 AM

4 posts, read 12,200 times
Default I am a resident of Nobles Pond

Dear TomBee, thank you for your comments! Yes, I am a resident of Nobles Pond and it is a wonderful place. We have a lot of great people here. We come from all different backrounds and lived in many differect states before locating to Dover. You are right, we are in a period of transition and transition can be difficult. These changes are going to bring us many more new residents to help us achieve our goal of becoming the best 55 + community in Delaware. I sincerely hope you will be one of them! If you care to pass on any questions, feel free to post them.

big lady

Old 02-02-2011, 08:14 AM

9,683 posts, read 14,157,348 times
I must say, Nobles Pond has the most gorgeous, clubhouse I've seen in Kent County, and I've seen them all. The winding staircases, huge entry area, ballroom, and warm gathering area with stone fireplace are magnificent!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:48 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,009,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I must say, Nobles Pond has the most gorgeous, clubhouse I've seen in Kent County, and I've seen them all. The winding staircases, huge entry area, ballroom, and warm gathering area with stone fireplace are magnificent!
As much as I love the clubhouse at Champions Club (and think the one at Springmill is also quite nice), I'd have to agree about the beauty of the Nobles Pond clubhouse.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 AM

10 posts, read 29,281 times
That certainly is one gorgeous clubhouse, and for whoever it was that asked earlier in the thread, they put the pool in last spring.

Last edited by romanmiracles; 02-08-2011 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 AM

45 posts, read 96,277 times
Default Great time!

This past Monday my wife and I attended a pot luck dinner with some of the residents of Nobles Pond. We had it in their gorgeous club house. Everyone brought something and we all had a great time. I believe that any problems that currently exist because of the change in marketing philosophy will be resolved and Nobles Pond will be one of, if not, the premier 55+ community in Delaware. The people I have met here are real folks. They are unpretentious, caring and warm. They have made my wife and I feel welcome not only in the community but also in their homes. As I have stated in the past, anyone looking for a 55+ community to retire too should certainly give Nobles Pond a hard look. When the issues of change are resolved, you will be able to have your home stick built, own the land on which it sits and become part of a great group of wonderful people. Keep smiling Nobles Pond, this is just the beginning, things will work out I'm sure of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware