U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 PM

4 posts, read 10,543 times

Advertisements

Dear Tombee, sometimes it is difficult to keep on smiling. Reading all you wonderful thought sure does help. Glad to hear you enjoyed the pot luck. You and your lovely lady will find out that we have a lot of great cooks here. I am looking forward to having you two as neighbors!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 09:35 AM

TO ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN NOBLES POND

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry that I haven't posted a message in some time. I've just been so busy.

We have went through a big change here at Nobles Pond. We were a land leased base community which has changed to Fee Simple. My husband and I are in the process of purchasing our land. The land owner has given us a fantastic gift. Instead of a monthly fee of $175.00, from July this year to July of 2013 he will be paying all but $49.00. This offer will also be going to all new owners plus several more incentives.

Our activities director and some of the resident have gotten together and come up with some great new activities. We have a billiards night and a lot of the resident come up and play. It's so comical to see our residents carrying their little cases. (Many have purchased their own pool cues)

We have also started a Community Garden, Management outdid themselves. All we asked for was some ground and a faucet for water. We have this beautiful fenced garden, with individual plots. Some of us already have fruits on our tomatoes, peppers and squash. A couple of days of heat this week and the plants will really take off.

Of course there is the pool and we have a magnificent pool. I think if the weather man is wright we'll be in their by Wednesday. This summer the activities committee will be selling hot dogs and burgers. No more going home to cook on Sunday nights.

Our activities president contacted a local credit union and requested that we be made a sponsor group for Dover Federal Credit Union. This Tuesday it will be come effective that if you live, work or volunteer at Nobles Pond you can join the credit union . This is great for the resident and will be an advantage for all our new resident coming from out side the area.

We are in the middle of Open House weekend. What a response, people have come from all over, Northeast Pennsy, Long Island and of course many resident from New Jersey. I hope that many of you who have been to Nobles Pond before come back and visit as we have several new models. Your going to have to forgive me I know I sound like a newspaper ad but I'm having such a good time I want to share this with others.

Big Lady

Last edited by big lady; 05-22-2011 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: omitted a word

Old 05-23-2011, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,334 times
My wife & I visited the open house at Nobles Pond this past weekend.The clubhouse is impressive, the pool is tremendous.We were shadowed by the residents, which was unsettling.The models are beautiful & are all up for sale!They have two lovely ponds which are stocked with ducks & geese.In three years they've put up over 2 dozen homes, both ranches & carriage houses.The homes are being sold as fee simple with prices from 30K-60K per lot size of .1-.25 of an acre, based on location & or size.When the putting greens, & nature trails are added it should look really lovely.There is a bike lane on McKee rd across from the train tracks which is convenient for my wife & I since we are avid bike riders.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:01 AM

Hi,
I haven't posted any messages in a long time and again I plead that I just too busy. Nobles Pond added several new models since we went fee simple and we have had an influx of new residents. Last summer a group of the neighbors got together and made up booklet for our new arriving neighbors. It lists a lot of information concerning where things are, such as stores, banks, and hairdressers. We also included information on the DMV and who and eligible for the real estate discount and what you need to do to get the discount. Some new resident were surprised that Nobles Pond is a sponsor group for a local credit union. Current residents will become a "buddy" and help our newbies.

A lot of our neighbors have decided to "pass it forward" and have been volunteering at the Air Force Base, the USO is always in need of help and so is the Kent General. This past Holiday Season we visited a nursing home, did some carols and brought them cookies. I don't know who enjoyed it more the resident of the home or us.

We are getting ready for garden season, or at least I am. Just can't wait. Last summer we did our community garden and it was a success. Those fresh tomatoes, squash, peppers and other veggies were so so good. Any one out there who is looking for a 55 plus community that is the best, come visit us

Old 02-07-2012, 09:08 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,536,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big lady View Post
Hi,
I haven't posted any messages in a long time and again I plead that I just too busy. Nobles Pond added several new models since we went fee simple and we have had an influx of new residents. Last summer a group of the neighbors got together and made up booklet for our new arriving neighbors. It lists a lot of information concerning where things are, such as stores, banks, and hairdressers. We also included information on the DMV and who and eligible for the real estate discount and what you need to do to get the discount. Some new resident were surprised that Nobles Pond is a sponsor group for a local credit union. Current residents will become a "buddy" and help our newbies.

A lot of our neighbors have decided to "pass it forward" and have been volunteering at the Air Force Base, the USO is always in need of help and so is the Kent General. This past Holiday Season we visited a nursing home, did some carols and brought them cookies. I don't know who enjoyed it more the resident of the home or us.

We are getting ready for garden season, or at least I am. Just can't wait. Last summer we did our community garden and it was a success. Those fresh tomatoes, squash, peppers and other veggies were so so good. Any one out there who is looking for a 55 plus community that is the best, come visit us
Hi big Lady......

I read your post and first thought you were talking about southern Meadow all except for the fee simple
Everything else is the same here.

We actually had our community garden for 3 years now.
Our residents have been heavily into volunteering for while too.

The list you give residents....we have been doing the same thing since the beginning.

And
Buddies for newbies as well.

I think most of these types of communities follow the same trend.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:15 PM

8 posts, read 9,192 times
Quote:
TO ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN NOBLES POND

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry that I haven't posted a message in some time. I've just been so busy.

We have went through a big change here at Nobles Pond. We were a land leased base community which has changed to Fee Simple. My husband and I are in the process of purchasing our land. The land owner has given us a fantastic gift. Instead of a monthly fee of $175.00, from July this year to July of 2013 he will be paying all but $49.00. This offer will also be going to all new owners plus several more incentives.

Our activities director and some of the resident have gotten together and come up with some great new activities. We have a billiards night and a lot of the resident come up and play. It's so comical to see our residents carrying their little cases. (Many have purchased their own pool cues)

We have also started a Community Garden, Management outdid themselves. All we asked for was some ground and a faucet for water. We have this beautiful fenced garden, with individual plots. Some of us already have fruits on our tomatoes, peppers and squash. A couple of days of heat this week and the plants will really take off.

Of course there is the pool and we have a magnificent pool. I think if the weather man is wright we'll be in their by Wednesday. This summer the activities committee will be selling hot dogs and burgers. No more going home to cook on Sunday nights.

Our activities president contacted a local credit union and requested that we be made a sponsor group for Dover Federal Credit Union. This Tuesday it will be come effective that if you live, work or volunteer at Nobles Pond you can join the credit union . This is great for the resident and will be an advantage for all our new resident coming from out side the area.

We are in the middle of Open House weekend. What a response, people have come from all over, Northeast Pennsy, Long Island and of course many resident from New Jersey. I hope that many of you who have been to Nobles Pond before come back and visit as we have several new models. Your going to have to forgive me I know I sound like a newspaper ad but I'm having such a good time I want to share this with others.

Big Lady
Big lady is the offer of 49.00 still on for new purchasers?

Old 09-22-2013, 06:22 PM

7,298 posts, read 10,724,397 times
Congratulations to Nobles Pond! Another successful Girls Night Out, Benefit M.S.

Girls Night Out to Fight MS returns to Noble’s Pond - News - Dover Post - Dover, DE

Old 05-31-2016, 04:54 PM

11,214 posts, read 19,608,723 times
Default Updates to the land lease Fees

Quote:
I know this is a three-year old thread. I am seeking updates.

For future needs, I am investigating purchasing a house at Nobles Pond. Can anyone estimate what they would charge for the land lease? If the house is listed at $165,000, and they say you could purchase the land for an additional $52,000, what would the alternative be? What would the monthly rent or lease be? Could you later purchase the land when you have more money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware