Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:07 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Charley, Elizamary ... thanks so much for the warm welcome! I guess I better get over to the Florida forum where maybe I can be of some help to someone.

But I was drawn to this thread because of my friends having just looked at Noble's Pond. They are going to look further in the area just to be sure they're getting a balanced view. I forwarded this thread to them, Elizamary, so they'll pick up on some of the other communities mentioned.

I was impressed that the owner at Noble's Pond built the clubhouse early on and I thought it was fabulous. I was curious why they needed the entire upstairs for offices and if I were looking for myself, that would be one of my questions. And my friends were sorry there wasn't also an indoor pool which they had seen at another development.

But overall it looks like it will be a wonderful community. Love the look of all the homes from the outside, the porches. For those of us watching our pennies, one of the benefits of the land lease seems to be getting so much more house for your money. We just fell in love with the Gladwyne/Wynnewood. It was amazing!!!
you are quite Welcome McMolly.........

There are quite a few communities in Kent county and sussex. Keep in mind, it cost more closer to the beach in Sussex county.
Off the top of my head:
Nobles Pond, Southern meadows, Spring Meadows, Bon Ayre, Barclay farms, Wild Meadows, Longacres, and down further heritage shores. I am sure there are others. You can type in 55communities in DE on google and will get a listing of 55+ communities.
Hope this helps.
not sure if all of these are land lease but you are so correct. You do get more house for your money and don't have to pay taxes on the land.

Oh. One more thing. I don't know of any that have an indoor pool. There may be but I just don't know about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 05:14 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,086,761 times
Default Just a reminder

Just a friendly reminder, the topic of this thread is Noble's Pond.

For general questions and comments about 55+ communities, please see our 55+ Community thread at:
55+ Communities

For general questions and comments about land leasing, please see the Land Leasing thread at:
Land lease verses owning the land.

Thank you.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Just a friendly reminder, the topic of this thread is Noble's Pond.

For general questions and comments about 55+ communities, please see our 55+ Community thread at:
55+ Communities

For general questions and comments about land leasing, please see the Land Leasing thread at:
Land lease verses owning the land.

Thank you.
Sorry!! My bad!

Old 05-15-2008, 05:57 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,464 times
Elizamary, thanks again for being so helpful. I'm sure my friends will look around, but Noble's Pond just seemed a good fit for them and sometimes you just know. Besides, my friend walked into the Gladwynne and fell in love. I'm sure particularly the women know what that's all about!!! She wanted that open feel from kitchen to living area.

Charley, I couldn't leave there without grabbing a brochure so I just took a look at the Berkshire. I love the porch, the one thing missing on the Gladwynne.

One thing I thought was terrific was they let them put a deposit on a future section (not a future phase ... just a section in the current phase). I've never seen that happen before. But my friends won't be ready to move for about a year and a half so the current sections would be built too soon. So they put down a deposit on a lot which will give them first refusal. Hopefully when they're ready to buy they'll have another offer of options (like the $10,000 they have now) as well as the contingency plan they're offering now. That's a protection that's really important especially in these times.

As hard as it would be to have to give up the house you had dreamed of, at least you wouldn't lose your hard earned deposit.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:24 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Charley, I couldn't leave there without grabbing a brochure so I just took a look at the Berkshire. I love the porch, the one thing missing on the Gladwynne.
In the Berkshire model, that little office up front with the built-in desk, drawers and wall cabinets isn't bad either!

Old 05-16-2008, 06:17 AM

4 posts, read 14,801 times
Default Homeowners insurance

This is to anyone already living in Nobles Pond. What do you pay for homeowners's insurance? What about utilities - electric, gas, water, etc?
Is cable the only way to go for TV and internet or are there other options?

I love this forum.

Thanks,
Susan

Old 05-16-2008, 03:37 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
In the Berkshire model, that little office up front with the built-in desk, drawers and wall cabinets isn't bad either!
They have that in the Gladwynne, too ... standard!!! Of course the model has upgraded built-ins, but still! I thought that was great.

Susan, have to agree with you. When we were looking around for a place to retire I sure wish I'd found this forum. I came on it quite by accident, but I won't be leaving anytime soon! Fabulous info on here!

Old 05-20-2008, 07:29 AM

271 posts, read 995,258 times
Default Visit to Noble's Pond

Did I "getcha," Charlie? Really true though! I didn't talk with anyone, but as I found myself driving past yesterday, decided to turn in and drive through. The houses certainly appear to be well built, and I like the sculpture that ornaments the area around that impressive clubhouse.

Because I remembered that you wrote there would eventually be 800 houses, I looked into the western distance as far as I could see, and noticed a small hill. Well, I suppose only long time Delawareans like me would call it a "hill." Some people might call it an "extended bump." BUT it was a rise of sorts, and I wondered if I was seeing some variation in the terrain, or if it was earth moved around by the builders. In any case, it was covered with grass and looked pretty!

A friendly looking man, big smile, was coming out of one of the houses, or perhaps it was a duplex? I'm unsure. In any case, he looked much as I imagine you might look. (Though I'm usually wrong in this sort of imagining, I must admit.)

I don't know when you last visited, but wanted you to know that Noble's Pond is looking good.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 AM

[quote=anniebleu;3821463]Did I "getcha," Charlie? Really true though! I didn't talk with anyone, but as I found myself driving past yesterday, decided to turn in and drive through. The houses certainly appear to be well built, and I like the sculpture that ornaments the area around that impressive clubhouse.

Because I remembered that you wrote there would eventually be 800 houses, I looked into the western distance as far as I could see, and noticed a small hill. Well, I suppose only long time Delawareans like me would call it a "hill." Some people might call it an "extended bump." BUT it was a rise of sorts, and I wondered if I was seeing some variation in the terrain, or if it was earth moved around by the builders. In any case, it was covered with grass and looked pretty!

Hi Annie,
Not sure if you know or not but Charley will be out of commission for about another week, He said it was okay to let people know why he is not answering the posts.
He has a hernia and will be operated on in about a week I think. right now he has to lie down and that is why he is off the computer.
He sounds good and wants this over with. But he will be back and I'm sur ehe will be happy to hear what you thought of Nobles pond.

Last edited by elizamary; 05-20-2008 at 08:56 AM..

Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 AM

271 posts, read 995,258 times
Eliza, I didn't know about Charlie. Very thoughtful of you to inform me. I have periods of days, sometimes a week or so, when I can't check in here--or, if I can, it's only to read a thread or two.

I know Charlie will be back here before long, and feeling a lot better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware