Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:12 AM

956 posts, read 1,234,913 times

Advertisements

A lot of time has passed and with the economic downturn last year, looks like not much has happened at Nobles Pond. I know the section my friends were interested in isn't being built yet and for now it's on the back burner for my friends since selling has become so difficult in these times.

Anyone out there have any updates on Nobles Pond? Last we heard the pool hasn't gone in yet so they must not have 100 homes occupied. Such a shame because it looked like it would be a wonderful development.

Interested if anyone has an update!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 07:38 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
A lot of time has passed and with the economic downturn last year, looks like not much has happened at Nobles Pond. I know the section my friends were interested in isn't being built yet and for now it's on the back burner for my friends since selling has become so difficult in these times.

Anyone out there have any updates on Nobles Pond? Last we heard the pool hasn't gone in yet so they must not have 100 homes occupied. Such a shame because it looked like it would be a wonderful development.

Interested if anyone has an update!
the housing market is not doing all that well although I think there was a slight rise in action.

Most of these communities are suffering...in spite of what they may say.

That goes for all of them. Although ours is doing pretty well...mainly because it is so reasonable with great amnenities.

I don't know anything about Nobles Pond's development as of now but If you call the office, I"m sure they could tell you.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:36 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,913 times
Thank you, Elizamary, but my friends know what the sales office has to say. I was hoping for a report for someone who may have been by there, or even lives there.

But thanks for the information!

Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 AM

28 posts, read 88,718 times
Default Nobles Pond anyone?

Anyone living there willing to share pros and cons? We know about the land lease. There semi-detached homes seem to be pretty reasonable--until you begin to add all the options.

Thanks.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:42 PM

3 posts, read 8,691 times
Default nobles pond

hi to everybody, my name is larry and currently residing in long island,very expensive, so even though i have searched and searched i still cant find anyboby who actually lives at noble pond, my fiance are thinking of moving to de. and this place looks great but looks can be decieving, so with that said does anyone on this forum live there that can give me more info than the noble pond website ? when i look at this place from google maps satellite view it looks barren but i dont know when google has updated the views, so can anyone tell me how built up this place is ? ok thats a lot to ask on my first post so thank you in advance for any info , larry

Old 08-13-2010, 05:25 PM

388 posts, read 998,629 times
Hello Larry and welcome to our board! You will find a lot of great info here - the members are super!

You are right in that there are currently no members that live at NP although you will find that many of us who contribute have visited the site. My suggestion is to contact NP and get put on their mailing list then you will receive their frequent newsletter in the postal mail. In it are residents' names whom you could contact on your own to ask questions. However nothing takes the place of an actual visit so I recommend you and your fiancee take a trip down, visit, and ask lots of questions. My info for sure is outdated but during our visit last fall, I think there were something like 22 homes built. Google aerial maps are definitely outdated!

Welcome again to the start of your journey.......

Old 08-14-2010, 01:44 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,558,637 times
larrym5419,

NP has some very nice models to choose from. It is land lease so you are looking at HOA/land lease fees of about $400 per month. When comparing 55+ communities the intital purchase of a home and the HOA and/or the land lease fees should be a considered. You will pay more for the home if you own the land, but, the HOA monthly fees may be much less.

I suggest you consider renting a centrally located condo for a week in the off season that will allow you to make day trips to visit several of the 55+ communities in central and southern DE.

NY2DE is going to do this the end of September 2010 and I believe he is going to be including NP on his list of 55+ communities to vist. He has rented a condo for a week in Lewes DE as a home base from which to make his day trips. You might want to monitor his posts (since he is also from NY) as I am sure upon his return he will post to the very active 55+ community thread with his impressions of the various 55+ communities.

Mary2014

Old 08-14-2010, 03:32 PM

thank you both for the info it has been helpful, yes we are planning to visit the area and check it out but do either one of you know how many homes are built at nobles pond and how many are supposed to be built, i have seen that they have put a pool in and also saw somewhere that they would do that when 100 homes were built, what i am wondering is if anyone knows just how big this place is supposed to be and of course with the market being what it is are they selling , again thanks for the info, larry

Old 08-15-2010, 10:22 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,558,637 times
Larry,

The plan is about a 10 year build out with 800 homes spread over 293 acres. I think they started building in mid 2007. When I visted in Aug 2008 there were about 20 homes occupied. So, 100 as of mid 2010 sounds about right.

If they are going to meet their 10 year plan they are going to have to pick up the pace to around 100 homes per year. No one anticipated the sharp drop off in home building the past two years so I can see why they have only built 100 homes to date. ( The lower than planned sales 2008 - 2010 is true of most if not all of the builders in the area.)

Mary

Old 08-15-2010, 10:26 AM

thank you mary for all your help, so one more question, can you give me an idea on a few more over 55 communities in the area and maybe closer to the beach, i am doing the research but just sure about the areas or how far away from any good beaches they are, the beach part is because i am addictedd to fishing so that is also part of out equation, thanks again, larry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware