U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 02:30 PM

243 posts, read 835,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
Hmmmmmm..........

State Bird - Blue Hen
State Fish - Weakfish
State Marine Animal - Horseshoe Crab
State Transplant - MaryCh
State Nickname - The First State
State Motto - Liberty and Independence
State Flower - Peach Blossom
State C-D Hero - MaryCh
State Tree - American Holly
State Beverage - Milk
State Best Newcomer - MaryCh
State Bug - Lady Bug
Hey Delly, I knew that stuff!. I was just joshin ya! I thought you knew hubby and I did lots of reasearch. This is what we look like from all the research. Been on the C-D boards so know all about MaryCh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 02:46 PM

7,321 posts, read 10,752,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
Hey Delly, I knew that stuff!. I was just joshin ya! I thought you knew hubby and I did lots of reasearch. This is what we look like from all the research. Been on the C-D boards so know all about MaryCh.
I know.....and I was just joshin'
and just tryin' to get a laugh out of her. She'll probably be showing up on my doorstep for strawberry pickin' Monday morning!

Guess we'll have to add another one:

State Best Researcher - movin2del

Old 05-16-2008, 08:14 PM

405 posts, read 1,250,103 times
Wow just read the thread, congrats MaryCH, how cool is that! I would love to read the article too if you guys figure out how to post it.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:59 PM

65 posts, read 213,446 times
That is great MaryCH. I too would like to read the article. How can we get the aticle posted here?
Tabitha

Old 05-16-2008, 09:07 PM

693 posts, read 2,612,093 times
Sorry Mary,I've been out of the loop. Been busy catching up. Congrats to you and your family. Hope you can share your story with us.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:09 AM

271 posts, read 901,819 times
Mary, I'm just reading this! Unfortunately, my husband recycled all the papers just yesterday!

I'm not at all surprised with what I read here though, about you and your family, having seen quite a few of your posts.

We are going through an even more demanding than usual period, but I certainly hope to meet you before too much more time passes.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:11 PM

243 posts, read 835,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
I know.....and I was just joshin'
and just tryin' to get a laugh out of her. She'll probably be showing up on my doorstep for strawberry pickin' Monday morning!

Guess we'll have to add another one:

State Best Researcher - movin2del
I love strawberry pickin'! Yum......with cream....a little sugar......on cereal.....preserves......omg I can't stop!

Well, at least we'll be there for the peaches.

Hope you gals have fun on Monday!

In the meantime, I'll keep up the research...LOL

Old 05-19-2008, 10:59 PM

902 posts, read 3,213,370 times
Gosh, gang, I thought I was blushing before! Sorry its been so long for me gettin' on here to thank everyone... hubby was in over the weekend, and our oldest drove up from NC on Sunday. Been runnin' around like crazy with them... finally gettin' back online for a few minutes to catch up here!

Celebrity... naw! But I DID buy a dozen copies of the paper to pass around to family. Once I catch my breath from our big kid's visit, I'll see what I can do to get the article on here. One of our son's teachers laminated the article and sent it home for our scrapbook, what a thoughtful thing to do! Just one of the little things we like about living here.

Delly, now you know why I didn't show up on your doorstep to pick strawberries Monday.. but watch out, after the rainy spell on Tuesday & Wednesday, those berries at Fifer Orchards will be callin' our name really loud! I did get the first batch I picked last week all made up into jam.. I believe there are 2 dozen jars on my kitchen table.

Movn2del... got your phone message.. will call back Wednesday after depositing our oldest at the Amtrak station to head back south. I believe I might have a bit of time to chat then, if you're free. And yep, we'll be neighbors by the end of summer... or at least within 5 miles of each other if I remember correctly. Definitely close enough to get together for coffee!

Laural, we WILL get together soon... I just know it. Those boxes of yours will give you a break, I know. We have children to discuss, among other things. Dogs, being new kids in town, how not to look like desparate housewives at Dover Downs slots, best buys in town... shall I stop here????

Anniebleu, same for you. I can relate to the demanding times... seems like these days, I only manage to squeak out a few quiet hours, which become more precious every week. Here's hoping your personal demands are met, and you come out on top of things.

fromPA, thanks to you too. I know you've been pretty busy yourself, and I'll be sure to share the article whenever we DO see each other again. Will have to give you a call soon to see what we can come up with. Haven't been to Hall's in Wyoming lately... might be a good place to catch a bite and share a newspaper!

I'm sure I've missed someone... its late (again) and I'm fading in exhaustion! Thanks again, my friends!

Mary

Old 05-20-2008, 04:21 AM

7,321 posts, read 10,752,675 times
Yep, MaryCh's the newcomer of the year in Delaware! She fits right in with we Delaware farmers, who've been here since dirt! (That's a compliment, Mary)

Last edited by rdlr; 05-20-2008 at 04:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or