Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2021, 01:43 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,557,556 times

Advertisements

This year when I renewed my driver's license I also took the opportunity to get my Delaware Veterans ID card. No more hunting for my DD214 to bring with me to take advantage of a Veteran discount some stores offer - particularly special one day only veteran's day discounts.

I spotted an 11% veteran discount being offered at my local Giant Food store on November 11th only, in their weekly ad this year. I will definitely schedule my weekly grocery shopping for the 11th.

I usually don't find out about who is offering a veterans and active duty military promotion for veteran's day until after the fact when I see an article in the local paper. So, if you know of any other businesses in Sussex County offering a promotion to veterans and active duty military for November 11 2021 please add to this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 10:49 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,260,404 times
Delaware Botanic Gardens in Dagsboro is offering free admission to vets and a companion. From an email I received:

Ray Sander, President of the Delaware Botanic Gardens (DBG), announced that on Thursday, November 11th - Veteran’s Day - all Veterans, showing their military ID cards, will have “Free” admission to the Delaware Botanic Gardens in appreciation for their military service to our country. Veterans will also receive a “Free Pass.” Also, other guests who bring food donations for Food Bank of Delaware will receive “Free” admission. Sander said, “We are thankful for all who have served our nation in uniform, and we also thank those in our community who recognize the food needs of our neighbors in a challenging time.”

Sheryl Swed, DBG Executive Director, said, “As we approach the Thanksgiving holidays, we are thankful for the generosity of our guests who have selflessly donated food for the Food Bank of Delaware. Swed also said, “This has been a wonderful 2021 season, and we thank all who have visited and supported the gardens this year. We look forward to seeing you next spring.”

The Gardens will close for the winter later this month.

We visited last month and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have done a really good job in the few years since the garden was first announced. A world-famous garden designer was involved, and much of the work has been done by volunteers. Lots of different growing areas and settings, including a meadow, woods, and wetlands on the shore of Pepper Creek. We thought it was well worth the entrance fee; free for vets on Nov. 11 is even better.

Old 11-10-2021, 06:23 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
I know that Jiffy Lube and IHOP here offer "freebies" on Veterans day, and here is an article intros regard:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ts/6338944001/

Old 11-10-2021, 03:25 PM

153 posts, read 319,282 times
For those of you in the dover area, mission bbq is offering free bbq sandwiches to veterans tomorrow. I think they go on the honor system but you may want to bring proof just in case. Thank you to those that served our country!

Old 11-11-2021, 06:44 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Iron Hill Brewery is offering a free burger or chicken (I think) sandwich and a fountain drink. ID is required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: