Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 02:57 PM

9,723 posts, read 14,264,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebleu View Post
Delly! I've never been to a race at Dover Downs in all these 30+ years, but you make it sound mighty tempting! I got the biggest kick from reading your post. And you're a fellow REM fan! Now how many women in our age group (I'm not much younger than you) recognize the greatness of REM?

I didn't have time to read, but once I started, I HAD to! So get back to writing that book!
Thanks for that, Annie! As I said......better than sittin' home wondering what's going on out there! And it wasn't the sport of racing that drew me, it's the people, the good times, and the party atmosphere!

My kids used to tease me about REM. They'd say.....Mom, that doesn't stand for Robert E. Mulvee, ya' know! (Catholic Bishop from Diocese of Wilmington)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 04:06 PM

243 posts, read 914,872 times
I'm sorry I will miss NASCAR this year. I don't know if I'm a fan or not because I've never been. Rest assured I will be there next year.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:31 PM

9,723 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
I'm sorry I will miss NASCAR this year. I don't know if I'm a fan or not because I've never been. Rest assured I will be there next year.
The crowds, hustle bustle, lines and confusion make for a ridiculously fun time! Just the way we like it! If you like being around all kinds of people, from everywhere, you will love it! And, you don't have to be a "drinker" to enjoy the bars. A wine spritzer, or diet coke suits me just fine, and the bands, dancing and fun are outlandish! Part of the fun is recognizing a crew chief, driver, or other celebrity, and seeing them on the dance floor! I have seen some drivers with 2 left feet!

Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,986 times
Any info on where some of the drivers might be making appearances in the area?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:57 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltoraven98 View Post
Any info on where some of the drivers might be making appearances in the area?

Try Boondocks and Sambos. Go for the crabs, and you might get lucky.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:25 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,869 times
My boys and I are super excited about the race at Dover Downs this weekend! I for one was happy with the support for Autism Speaks; NASCAR and the drivers do a great job supporting some fine causes throughout the year.

We are doubly excited because... drum roll, please... we just found out we get free tickets to the race! While we did move here from the heart of NASCAR country (Richard Petty's hometown, in fact), we never made it to the big races during our 15+ years in NC. And lo and behold, our first June in DE, and we will be THERE!

We may be the only ones with Petty gear on, but what can I say?

Mary

Old 05-30-2008, 12:15 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
I went to wal mart today and noticed a lot of toothless tattooed people with wild hair.
Think it is because of NASCAR weekend?

I know people love it and those Going hope you all enjoy.

As for Us, we aren't going near Dover the whole weekend. We will stay put with the pool and a refrig full of food.

Hope the weather is wonderful this weekend and you all no matter what you do enjoy to the fullest

Old 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM

699 posts, read 2,895,483 times
Last year I went to the Nascar event with my daughter and her friends.
There were 8 of us and we had a blast. It was the first time I ever tailgated and it was the best time ever. But at $100. per ticket it's not something we'll be doing every year. PS. last time I checked, we all had our teeth and none of us had any tattoos. I did buy a tank top that said "gentlemen start your engines" across the front. I don't have the guts to wear it though. Gave it to my daughter.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:49 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
Last year I went to the Nascar event with my daughter and her friends.
There were 8 of us and we had a blast. It was the first time I ever tailgated and it was the best time ever. But at $100. per ticket it's not something we'll be doing every year. PS. last time I checked, we all had our teeth and none of us had any tattoos. I did buy a tank top that said "gentlemen start your engines" across the front. I don't have the guts to wear it though. Gave it to my daughter.
I understand and really hope I didnt' offend anyone. If I did, I sincerely apologze.

I'm sure if I gave it a chance, I would enjoy it.

The shirt sounds like fun though

Old 05-30-2008, 04:46 PM

392 posts, read 991,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
I understand and really hope I didnt' offend anyone. If I did, I sincerely apologze.

I'm sure if I gave it a chance, I would enjoy it.

The shirt sounds like fun though
As for me, I don't think I'd even give it a chance. It's not for me but looks like there are 5,000 people that love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware