Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2022, 09:57 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times

Advertisements

Personally I would prefer snow.

https://twitter.com/BrianWFTV/status...38216135380994
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 05:50 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,910,003 times
Yep, me too.

I love snow and winter. I know, not a popular opinion. I still get excited when it's supposed to snow (just like a kid!) and have trouble sleeping. I keep getting up to look out the window.

I got up early and ran in it today. Had a blast!

Old 01-29-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
Yep, me too.

I love snow and winter. I know, not a popular opinion. I still get excited when it's supposed to snow (just like a kid!) and have trouble sleeping. I keep getting up to look out the window.

I got up early and ran in it today. Had a blast!
Dopey me, went to bed at 1 listened to the wind howling and got up at 4 to check it out. Why? It is not like it would be gone two hours later. Got up at 7 for good. Dug out a path for the pooch and then did the usual house stuff. Later, I went out to knock the snow off the shrubs. DH would be a snow bird. Not me. Snow mesmerizes me. We are not going to starve here so the grocery shopping can wait.

It was so stark at 4 am and the white snow made it bright and so quiet. You could hear the snow hitting the side of the house. In fact it was so windy here that every window looked like we had a snow ball fight in front of all of them and the snow was plastered on the glass. Really eerily pretty.

Old 01-30-2022, 02:23 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,256,523 times
Not a very big deal here in Kent County, not like the blizzards in the 70's-80's, which were fun times getting snowed in. It was a great excuse for our kids and their friends to have band practice in our basement (8-10 teenagers) which sometimes lasted 3 days! (found out years later they planned those)

We didn't have any howling winds which were predicted this time, either. I kept waiting.... Maybe they'll show up today??? All and all, in Kent County, it wasn't a huge event.

Old 01-30-2022, 12:14 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,910,003 times
Nuts--I find snow fascinating as well. Honestly, I wouldn't mind living somewhere like Vermont. Not hubs though--he is like your husband and would like to be a snowbird.

rdlr--I do remember those blizzards!!! Funny, a foot of snow is a huge deal now where it was the norm when I was a kid. I can remember being snowed in for a week and there wasn't a plow to be seen for days when we lived in Oak Orchard.

Old 01-30-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
Nuts--I find snow fascinating as well. Honestly, I wouldn't mind living somewhere like Vermont. Not hubs though--he is like your husband and would like to be a snowbird.

rdlr--I do remember those blizzards!!! Funny, a foot of snow is a huge deal now where it was the norm when I was a kid. I can remember being snowed in for a week and there wasn't a plow to be seen for days when we lived in Oak Orchard.
Liz, I am an admitted weather freak. Not the normal every day weather, rather Hurricanes and Snow storms. I start flipping around to see who comes closest to the actual totals and which channel had the best coverage. I always fall back to NOAA.gov. They are generally pretty accurate. This time the weather channel initially had Rehoboth at 6 -10, then 8 - 12, then it stayed at 1 -3 all while they were showing us in Blizzard conditions. Silly me, I watched Boston Harbor fill in with snow during the night. So pretty and fascinating. We too had bad storms on LI when I grew up. I was always just a head on top of a snow pile. For some reason my mom took pictures of the snow and us and we were generally hidden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware