U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 08:35 PM

50 posts, read 109,760 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the Hovnanian community in Sussex County? No one has really mentioned it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 10:28 PM

902 posts, read 3,213,370 times
Is there a name for the community you are asking about? I don't know a lot about Sussex County new construction, but I do know this is a huge contractor with several developments in progress. You might get more response if you are more specific in your question.

Mary

Old 05-22-2008, 05:21 AM

13,320 posts, read 20,099,886 times
New Homes Delaware, Millsboro, Sussex County, DE by K. Hovnanian® Homes™ @ The Retreat at Millstone
Did you mean this one The Retreat at Millstone in Sussex Cty?

Old 05-22-2008, 06:42 AM

Default Hovnanian

There are actually several; Stonewater Creek at Millsboro, Nassau Grove in Lewes, Herring Creek in Rohoboth and the Retreat at Millstone in Millsboro. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything pro or con about them or which one is the nicer of the bunch. I'm sure they are probably land lease altho I'm still not sure I'm against that idea. It's all so confusing.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:56 AM

Nassau Grove-K. Hovnanian Homes | New Single Family Homes in Lewes Well so far I looked up the Nassau Grove and they are not on leased land........They are in Lewes.
Information above

Rehoboth Beach Real Estate, Lewes Real Estate, Dewey Beach Real Estate - Ron Crain, RE/MAX Realty Group (http://www.remaxrehoboth.com/herringcreek/index.html - broken link) Info on Herring Creek, Own lots..........shows map

Looks like the Stonewater Creek you own your lot too.........there is a HOA fee of approx 1000 per year it seems, but they have a pool etc.

Lots of informatin can be found and if you google ..........you'll get homes for sale, and whats what in the communities.

Last edited by Summering; 05-22-2008 at 08:15 AM..

Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 AM

Default KHov websites

Thanks so much. I have checked out the different Hovnanian websites and I guess I was just wondering if anyone has heard of any horror stories. We used to own a Hovnanian home in Bayville, NJ and liked it very much. But, of course, different areas have different reputations. I'll be visiting the Sussex county area for the very first time next week to get a "feel" for things. I'm sure I'll need to make several more visits. Baywood looks absolutely beautiful but almost too good to be true. I'm sure the lease cost will turn me right off. You would think with the economy as such, they would bring the price of the houses down at least or do something as an incentive.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:21 PM

Yes, seems Baywood is on leased land. For the prices ( as you mentioned) being high......IMO you can go to one of the other communities mentioned and own your own land with all the amenities.
Best thing to do is to get out and talk to the neighbors, see how they feel about their location. Best of Luck to you.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:56 PM

Default Nassau Grove

Thx. for the info Summering. I spoke to Amy, the sales person at Nassau Grove today. She was very helpful and nice. I'll visit there next week. The land is owned and HOA is about 2400 ? I think she said a year. They have 5 models from 299-399. Not so bad. Do you know much about Plantations East vs. West?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:41 PM

11 posts, read 40,794 times
I just looked at a K.Hovnanian Community called Nassau Grove off Rte 1 in Lewes. I like it alot. The location is great and the lifestyle is exactly what we are looking for. It's a little high in price but I am willing to pay more for location. Does anyone have any feedback?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware