U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I will and thanks. I am not there yet, and, unfortunately, Delaware is not making it easy for me to find indoor pools there on the net. I'm just trying to get all my ducks lined up in a row before I get there is all.
Maybe there is a real lack of indoor pools for people in the New Castle area?
I too am a in desperate need for an indoor swimming pool in Delaware .I don't understand why OWU isn't opening their old pool now that they have their new one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 01:06 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,974,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda zukowski View Post
I too am a in desperate need for an indoor swimming pool in Delaware. I don't understand why OWU isn't opening their old pool now that they have their new one!
OWU? Ohio Wesleyan University?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:03 PM

11,233 posts, read 19,683,635 times
Hi - I'm reviving this thread looking for updates. I want a 55+ community in either Kent or Sussex County with an indoor pool. So far I have located only a few, at The Village of Cinderberry, Independence (Millsboro), and Heritage Shore (Bridgeville). Are there other communities with year-round pool?

I am aware of a few alternatives such as the Modern Maturity Center in Dover Untitled Document , and the YMCA branches? Are there any other good aquatic clubs in Kent or Sussex that are good for seniors?

Last edited by goldenage1; 10-15-2012 at 05:20 PM..

Old 03-05-2014, 08:30 AM

11,233 posts, read 19,683,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Hi - I'm reviving this thread looking for updates. I want a 55+ community in either Kent or Sussex County with an indoor pool. So far I have located only a few, at The Village of Cinderberry, Independence (Millsboro), and Heritage Shore (Bridgeville). Are there other communities with year-round pool?

I am aware of a few alternatives such as the Modern Maturity Center in Dover Untitled Document , and the YMCA branches? Are there any other good aquatic clubs in Kent or Sussex that are good for seniors?
I also noticed that the Fieldstone Village is 4.6 miles from the Modern Maturity Center. That's another plus. In addition, one can get to the pool by bus. One picks up the 120 bus at Redner's Market, and transfers to the 102 or 101. It takes 47 minutes to an hour, but that is good if one can't drive. I can drive now, but an investigating my options for a place to live if I could no longer drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware