U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 02:52 PM

28 posts, read 115,823 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the area, or anything about the proposed site? Looks like some nice homes in a decent school district. Thanks in advance. Mike
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 05:09 PM

87 posts, read 282,686 times
I think you hit the nail on the head. Very nice homes in a very good school district. I think you'd be very happy with this choice. It's near the base, near good shopping and only 45 minutes from the beach.

Kathy

Old 05-26-2008, 08:14 PM

Default Laureltowne...Proposed Real Estate in Magnolia, Delaware

Thanks for the quick reply. Would you happen to know how much those homes are expected to be selling for. Maybe even a website with a contact number?

Thanks, Mike
Aviano Air Base, Italy

Old 05-26-2008, 10:30 PM

87 posts, read 282,686 times
One of the builders there is Century Homes -- here's their website: Century Homes, LLC

Kathy

Old 05-26-2008, 11:11 PM

902 posts, read 3,213,195 times
I have a friend who lives in Laureltowne; she bought her house June 2007. Very nice home, and she is very pleased with it. We ran into the builder at Fifer Orchards a few weeks ago; remembered her by name, her situation, and asked how things are going with her, the family, etc. What a nice touch!

Not sure if this is the same section, but I'm thinkin' it is. If so, kat196 is right... very convenient to the air base, Dover, the beach, not to mention in a great school district (our boys attend schools in the Caesar Rodney district)!

Mary

Old 05-26-2008, 11:44 PM

Thumbs up Laureltowne...Proposed Real Estate in Magnolia, Delaware

You ladies are starting to get my hopes up. Like I've said many times before in this forum. My first priority is to get my two daughters into a good school district...and as best as I can tell Caesar Rodney is one of the best in the Dover area. However, before I go putting the horse before the cart, I have two concerns...the first is can I afford to live there and the second is to ask are there any homes that are at a 90% completion rate so that when the family and I arrive in August/September we could theoretically move right into the home.

As soon as I wake up (Italy is a 6 hour difference from the East coast) I'll be calling. Seriously, please wish me luck.

Mike

Old 05-27-2008, 12:20 AM

902 posts, read 3,213,195 times
Hi Mike,

Gotta love a forum that someone else is up when its the middle of the night in DE!

Have you checked out the Dept of Education website to find out the exact school assignment for your girls? I am not sure about the middle school for Laureltowne; it might be Postlewait MS, not Fred Fifer. Either way, they both feed into CR High School. Its been a while since I checked it, but found that to be a very useful tool last summer when we were searching for a rental in the district.

As far as construction being complete by the time your family arrives... I don't see that being a problem. Barring any major weather setbacks, the contractors have a long summer to "git-r-done", as they say here in DE!

I, for one, wish you a ton of luck, and look forward to welcoming your family to DE right around Labor Day! Keep us posted on your progress.

Mary

Old 05-27-2008, 12:55 AM

7,320 posts, read 10,750,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiYoNiAri View Post
Can anyone tell me about the area, or anything about the proposed site? Looks like some nice homes in a decent school district. Thanks in advance. Mike
As per the local Multi List, they can build any of their models, and there are 17 active listings in Laureltowne. Base List prices begin at $278,900 and top at $347,000 (plus any extra amenities).

Old 05-27-2008, 06:10 AM

Default Laureltowne...Proposed Real Estate in Magnolia, Delaware

What a disappointment. Homes starting at $278K. So disappointing... Jeez. I'll still call at 6PM (local) but barring any really incredible incentives it looks like that's not going to happen either. You cannot imagine how disappointing this is to hear.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:18 AM

Question Laureltowne...Proposed Real Estate in Magnolia, Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Hi Mike,

Gotta love a forum that someone else is up when its the middle of the night in DE!

Have you checked out the Dept of Education website to find out the exact school assignment for your girls? I am not sure about the middle school for Laureltowne; it might be Postlewait MS, not Fred Fifer. Either way, they both feed into CR High School. Its been a while since I checked it, but found that to be a very useful tool last summer when we were searching for a rental in the district.

As far as construction being complete by the time your family arrives... I don't see that being a problem. Barring any major weather setbacks, the contractors have a long summer to "git-r-done", as they say here in DE!

I, for one, wish you a ton of luck, and look forward to welcoming your family to DE right around Labor Day! Keep us posted on your progress.

Mary
No I haven't checked out the DoE site just yet. You're absolutely right, that should probably be one of my first steps. Our eldest will be starting 6th grade in September. How do the Smyrna middle schools rate? Anyone know?
Thanks for all of the help.
Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware