Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:35 AM

28 posts, read 125,141 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have found yet another area in the Magnolia, Camden-Wyoming area. Do any of you know anything about these particular properties? We're currently looking at the Chestnut Ridge area. The specific home is the Winfield, made by Gemcraft homes.

As always, thanks.
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 07:00 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiYoNiAri View Post
My wife and I have found yet another area in the Magnolia, Camden-Wyoming area. Do any of you know anything about these particular properties? We're currently looking at the Chestnut Ridge area. The specific home is the Winfield, made by Gemcraft homes.

As always, thanks.
Mike
There are quite a few very nice developements in Magnolia.
Chestnut Ridge
Laureltowe
Pinehurst
Irish Hill
Woodfield.
Lacrosse homes by Johnathans Landing
I'm sure you can send for brochures from these developments. Which may help you decide then visit.
I have been in Lacrosse and Laureltowne. Homes are fabulous.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:40 AM

6 posts, read 22,254 times
Hi Mike:

My husband and I just moved to DE from New Jersey in August 07. We live in Chestnut Ridge Moderator cut: please do not post your home address love it here and the taxes are wonderful........

Last edited by christina0001; 05-29-2008 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: street address removed

Old 05-29-2008, 10:38 AM

699 posts, read 2,895,483 times
Quote:

As always, thanks.
Mike
Hi Mike, Just so you know the base price on this model is $250,000. at least that is what it shows online. This would be a bare bones model which will go up in price very rapidly. Most builders are offering options at a bargain now but didn't want you to be disappointed again. We added $65k in options when we built our home. I guess my point is that a resale might be your best bet unless the builder is offering an incredible incentive towards options, many are these days.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:46 PM

28 posts, read 125,141 times
Hello cindyaug3 I am Yolanda Mike's wife if you don't mind me asking you How were the incentives?...thanks

Old 05-30-2008, 07:48 AM

6 posts, read 22,254 times
Hi Yolanda:

We we bought the beginning of 2007 one of the incentives was a finished basement, but we upgraded quite a bit because the homes were very reasonable.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:54 AM

5 posts, read 30,118 times
I am having a home built in Laureltowne by Century Homes LLC. They are really good and will do anything you want to the home. You can even have them build a floor plan you bring to them. They do a lot of the custom stuff that others won't.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:08 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules4766 View Post
I am having a home built in Laureltowne by Century Homes LLC. They are really good and will do anything you want to the home. You can even have them build a floor plan you bring to them. They do a lot of the custom stuff that others won't.
I have been in a home at Laureltowne. They are fabulous!! The home I visted was an oh and ah throughout the whole house. Plus the woman had impeccable taste.
Really nice.
Situated in quaint Magnolia. A very nice area to live.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 5,368 times
Thumbs down Gemcraft homes, Magnolia, Delaware

Quote:

As always, thanks.
Mike

Hi Mike,

We live in a Gemcraft home and their quality of work is very poor...there are many compliants filed with BBB and law suits on file within the state of Delaware. We live in Magnolia, De.

We live on one of their development and out of over 100 homes more than half had major issues with spectic systems, windows that the seals broke with two years of contruction, etc.etc !! I could go on and on.

Please, do a lot of background checking with the Kent County, Delaware before buying one of their homes or any building for that matter.

Respectfully, Wynne

Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
Hi Mike,

We live in a Gemcraft home and their quality of work is very poor...there are many compliants filed with BBB and law suits on file within the state of Delaware. We live in Magnolia, De.

We live on one of their development and out of over 100 homes more than half had major issues with spectic systems, windows that the seals broke with two years of contruction, etc.etc !! I could go on and on.

Please, do a lot of background checking with the Kent County, Delaware before buying one of their homes or any building for that matter.

Respectfully, Wynne
sorry to hear about your trouble..by the way..d you know of any sub divs that have TREES? And I mean trees!!! not plowed over farmland that is flat and treeless...I love the convenience of new construction but miss the trees and privacy they afford one...If not, where are there a lot of treed properties or areas in Delaware I could start looking?... I write so I need to look out the back and either see trees, or a private garden setting..or Walden Pond!...don't mind an older well cared for home in an established neighborhood not too far from the grocery store. We are in our fifties, child free and like antiquing and gardening. Thanks and good luck!

12buttons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: