Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:08 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,625,949 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone
I love all animals but right now we have 2 cats. There is already a thread for dogs and I'm sure there are some cat lovers out there.
So I decided to post this thread dedicated to kitty kats so we can share the fun and the joy they bring us.
We have 2 young cats Freddie and Casey both about 3 years old.
Cats are so so easy to take care of. These are our first cats for we always had dogs. We ended up witht them by accident but love them like our kids.
I will post pictures later.

Looking forward to reading the sharing about your felines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 AM

903 posts, read 3,492,071 times
Great idea for starting a cat thread! Can't let the dogs have all the glory and attention, right?

We too tend to be dog people; good thing, as hubby is allergic to cats! Our youngest child prefers kitties, but will have to enjoy them through the volunteering in the cat room at the SPCA.

I've met Freddie and Casey; they are quite adorable!

Mary

Old 06-27-2008, 10:07 AM

137 posts, read 311,924 times
Default Cat Vets

ElizaMary, what was the name of the vet you told me you go to? I think others newcomers to Delaware might be looking for a vet for their cats, too.

Speaking of kitties, my Fluffy has decided that since it's summer, she is going to be more of a goof-off than ever. Oh, the life of a pampered feline. She goes out on the deck and just stretches out in the shade. If she drank lemonade, I'm sure she would expect me to bring her some.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Great idea for starting a cat thread! Can't let the dogs have all the glory and attention, right?

We too tend to be dog people; good thing, as hubby is allergic to cats! Our youngest child prefers kitties, but will have to enjoy them through the volunteering in the cat room at the SPCA.

I've met Freddie and Casey; they are quite adorable!

Mary
We were always dog people too Mary. Had my little Heidi for 18 years and thought I would die when we had to have her put to sleep. It was horrible.
Then Jen wanted Freddie and he was only 6 weeks old and the cutest little black ball of fur you ever wanted to see. I just fell in love with him. Since I loved him so much, Bill bought me Casey that Christmas. She is a sweetie.
I worry about them just as much as I did my kids.

Volunteering at the SPCA is a good thing. I may think of this myself.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:31 AM

Hi Sanddollar,
It is Haven Lake. I have recommended them to others and they have been very satisfied. Their in Milford.
You are right, other newcomers may be looking for a reputable vet as well.
There is one in Dover, Can't mention his name, but he really ripped off a few of my neighbors. I sent them to Haven Lake and they were very satisfied.
Nothing but the best for my babies

This place was recommended by our pet sitter when we first moved to DE.
She is great by the way. Anyone interested in a great Pet sitter, please PM me and I will give you her name and number.
As it turns out, we have the best neighbors who offered to what our babies while we are away and we in turn return the favor. So this works out well but if I ever need someone, I will certainly use this woman. She is such a doll with 9 cats of her own. Anytime anyone needs a pet sitter, I always recommend her highly.
She writes up a report card with all the cute things they did or didn't do. Our freddie loves animal planet and he sits in front of the TV watching "big Cats".

LO!!L.........I love hearing about pampered felines. Aren't they something!!!!!

Little Fluffy along with all the other pampered felines really know how to live don't they.

Speaking of kitties, my Fluffy has decided that since it's summer, she is going to be more of a goof-off than ever. Oh, the life of a pampered feline. She goes out on the deck and just stretches out in the shade. If she drank lemonade, I'm sure she would expect me to bring her some. [/quote]

Old 06-27-2008, 11:05 AM

957 posts, read 3,686,988 times
Our cat is 4 months old and has just discovered that there is an outside. He likes climbing the 60 foot tree in the front yard and can't get down. I've had to rescue him twice now. He also likes to sit out on the dock and try to catch the ducks as they swim by.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
Our cat is 4 months old and has just discovered that there is an outside. He likes climbing the 60 foot tree in the front yard and can't get down. I've had to rescue him twice now. He also likes to sit out on the dock and try to catch the ducks as they swim by.
4 months old Rossc. Must be adorable Sounds like he is keeping you busy. Just watch he doesn't fall in the water after the ducks. I would be so nervous.
Our cats are strickly in door cats. I'm too afraid to leave them out especially with the foxes around here.
I was thinking of getting a harness then take them out. Lately, I hear people say they do that.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:15 PM

55 posts, read 181,188 times
I live in Conn. and took in a stray cat last year. He is afraid of most people and when I was going to Delaware for a week, I didn't know what to do with him. On the cats-only vet's recommendation, I boarded him in a cats only kennel; they have videos for the cats to watch, a playroom that cats are rotated in and out of separately (unless they are cats from the same family), tuna and shrimp snacks in the afternoon and catnip treats at night, classical music piped in - and all for not much more than a regular kennel. He did great, watching birds at a feeder outside the window of his "suite". They will even take leukemia positive cats since they do not mingle. I highly recommend a cats only environment for cats that have to be boarded while the owners travel. Eileen in CT

Old 07-04-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevada49 View Post
I live in Conn. and took in a stray cat last year. He is afraid of most people and when I was going to Delaware for a week, I didn't know what to do with him. On the cats-only vet's recommendation, I boarded him in a cats only kennel; they have videos for the cats to watch, a playroom that cats are rotated in and out of separately (unless they are cats from the same family), tuna and shrimp snacks in the afternoon and catnip treats at night, classical music piped in - and all for not much more than a regular kennel. He did great, watching birds at a feeder outside the window of his "suite". They will even take leukemia positive cats since they do not mingle. I highly recommend a cats only environment for cats that have to be boarded while the owners travel. Eileen in CT

Thanks Eileen for heads up on the cats only vet. Sounds perfect for the pampered feline. I don't know if there are any in the Dover area but I will check it out.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:00 PM

51 posts, read 173,588 times
I have a delightful little furbaby named Wendee. She enjoys naps on the couch. Helping me with my computer is a favorite too. She knows many more things about it than I do. With just a paw here and there she is able to change font size and some other fun things she really enjoys doing. She likes chicken salad, fresh baked fish, steamed crabs & shrimp to eat, and sleeping on my head. She is a slim and trim 15 years old and has kept her figure much better than I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware