Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:06 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times

Advertisements

Always, both Bad News, and Good News, it seems....

Bad News is, Shadozer can't make it because they will be on vacation, and are not vacationing here. Of course, Shadozer, I will keep you informed.

Good News is, many other long-time City-Data members have contacted me privately, supporting this cause. And, moving is not even in their plans. WOW! What unexpected surprises! Thank you for your positive feedback! And, yes, we are forging ahead, and continuing to welcome people to Delaware. And no, our address is not the High Road, but that's a great idea!
Again, those intending to move here soon, PM me for details. Thank You!
Oh, Summering may not be able to tap dance for our entertainment, though. The parade may have to do.

Last edited by rdlr; 07-25-2008 at 12:23 PM..

Old 07-25-2008, 02:34 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Oh, rdlr, I love the entertainment idea!!! A tap dancer would be perfect! Thank goodness Summering has the experience!

Now, here's my idea. We will form a caravan and drive on down. Perhaps Summering could wear one of those cute, little Shirley Temple dresses, and perform going up and down the stairs of the porch.

All you'll need is a Bill Bojangles Robinson to tap with her.

(Just kiddin'....of course. )
I did.............I really did............want to be the tap dancing Shirley Temple.............how'd ya' know?

Rdlr..........don't picture it...........please...

Old 07-25-2008, 03:13 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I did.............I really did............want to be the tap dancing Shirley Temple.............how'd ya' know?

Rdlr..........don't picture it...........please...
Hey, Summering...girlfriend! This is special for you!

YouTube - Bill Bojangles Robinson and Shirley Temple

And there's more where that came from!!

Old 07-25-2008, 03:16 PM

West Virginia will be represented! Just got the message that Deb is back on the Welcome List, and is bringing her WV Mom because she's moving here! So, we've got: New York, North Carolina, Maryland, West Virginia, Florida, and MaryCh who's bringing her parents. Plus... 5 locals. Any more out there? I'm still waiting on final word from New Jersey, Washington, D.C. and two other New York families.

Summering....I hate to break this to you, but there won't be any room on the porch for you to tap dance! How are you at climbing onto the porch roof? I have a trellis with roses you can climb!

Last edited by rdlr; 07-25-2008 at 03:33 PM..

Old 07-25-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Hey, Summering...girlfriend! This is special for you!

YouTube - Bill Bojangles Robinson and Shirley Temple

And there's more where that came from!!
That did it, Summering! Bring the darn dog with you!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 03:40 PM

Oh I loved it..........I loved it...........If only I was that small ,and that young again....
All those little taps sound like music to me. I adore that Shirley.........

A funny: AT one time I had to do some convergence on TVs for Samsung......
everyone thought it was a hard job. A year went by and I had to learn
this job( every job) to work under the supervisor.......well........it was so easy, easy...
because it was like tapping. It had the sound and chime of tapping feet.....
So.....I was in my glory........and here I was so afraid to do this job.
It was a joy!
Rdlr.........Oh I just could not do that to you.........I have MY dog and MY daughters dog, until later on on Saturday..............
I am so glad you have this happy, merry, bunch coming.........and I am so jealous that I can not be there Punch and whip cream.........peaches.........emmmmm

Old 07-25-2008, 03:49 PM

YouTube - Shirley Temple "The Staircase Dance"
Well, by any chance Rdlr............do you have stairs? ( giggles, ...........)

Old 07-27-2008, 02:07 AM

Thanks for the clips, guys.
Lots to do this week in preparation, and time is of the essence.
Later!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 AM

Hi rdlr, My daughter, hubby and sons are at the beach in DE right now.
They are having a good week for swimming at the ocean. So nice that
he could get the week off from his very busy Sheriff job in NJ...........
A nice needed break.
I just got a call this morning. Yes, checking on the doggie of hers I am watching.
rdlr, you have fun fixing up for that party. I know it will be just "peachy"

Old 07-27-2008, 11:37 AM

243 posts, read 914,647 times
Default Boo hoo!

Well....the girls and I are back in NY with the pups! Hubby is on his way back to DE as I write this. The house is ours! Moving day is Thursday and we can't wait! Looking forward to that Porch Party and the Peach Festival. We will be ready for a relaxing break after the next few days! I'm exhausted thinking about it! See y'all soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware