Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:05 AM

84 posts, read 333,792 times

Advertisements

Margie,

What monthly rent amount, how many bedrooms and bathrooms? I know of a few rentals and would be happy to give you the contact info. for you to call them directly if you would like. Camden is a great little town is only about 5 minutes from the town of Dover, a very easy commute. Magnolia is also a nice area for an easy commute to Dover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 07:28 AM

903 posts, read 3,505,869 times
Hi Margie,

We found this rental through the online version of the Dover Post. The newspaper is published weekly, comes out on newsstands on Wednesday. However, the online version is available late on Tuesday; we found that helpful as we were able to get a jump on the print version.

We love the Camden Wyoming area, and are buying a house close by. As far as Camden being near Dover, debbiekr said it right... Camden and Wyoming almost flow right into Dover. Depending on what road you're on, you only drive 1/2 mile or so out of one town and you cross the limits into the other. As far as commuting into downtown Dover, many people drive a farther commute than Camden or Wyoming.

Let me know through direct message if I can give you more specific help on searching for a rental, or post general information here as debbiekr mentioned. A few parameters will get you a lot more help from the regulars on the forum.

Mary

Old 08-01-2008, 05:24 AM

3 posts, read 5,371 times
Hi Debbie and MaryCh: Thanks for replying. My preference would be a ranch style, two or three bedrooms - nothing fancy but it would be preferable for it to be clean, cared for and in a decent neighborhood/area. I have three small (9 lb) dogs - I show them - they are inside dogs and well behaved. I do need a fenced backyard. I am aware of the City of Dover's dog limit of 3. SInce I breed and show, this is a problem for me. I plan to commute up to Dover for a month or two from the beach area. This will give me a chance to learn about towns/neighborhoods, etc. We'd like to rent there for a year or two while our house at the beach is being renovated. ANy suggestions you have would be most welcome.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:35 AM

15 posts, read 58,991 times
Hi MargieCyr,

I recommend you contact Moderator cut: use DMs to recommend real estate agents please. She's a wonderful agent. As far as the dog limit goes, you may want to check out some of the areas just outside of the city limits. Again, I think a real estate agent would have the best leads for you. You could check it out online, or call to talk to a real person! I have used Moderator cut: edit before, so I recommend her!

Good luck in finding the right place! Welcome to Dover!

Last edited by christina0001; 08-04-2008 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: recommended real estate agent

Old 08-02-2008, 07:36 AM

Thanks, Julie 1226! I teach 2nd grade at Welch Elementary, DAFB. It's good to read your comments about our school!

Old 08-03-2008, 12:30 PM

The complex at Eagle Meadows (that I referred to on another thread) might be just right! Send me a private message for phone, names, etc and I'll be glad to share that with you. Right now, they have a reduced rent special going on too.

Dovergirl, since you teach on base, Eagle Meadows would be a VERY short drive to work!

Mary

Old 08-03-2008, 07:47 PM

Mary I guess my post was confusing. I am not looking for a house. I am happy with my house in the older part of town. I have about a 10 minute commute.......I am so spoiled with that!!! Welch is such a cool school, too. I am so happy there.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:52 AM

Hi Dovergirl,

You probably did not write the post wrong, I most likely misinterpreted what you said! Sometimes I read too much, too fast, and then start typing away! The confusion was all mine, I am sure.

Thanks with clearing my mind... for the moment!

Mary

Old 08-04-2008, 08:56 AM

Mary,

No apology needed! I am the newbie here!!!

Jeannie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware