Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:31 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,336,849 times

Advertisements

We use gas for regular heating and for the hot water. Our house is a 5 bedroom, and the average bill is about $425 during the winter months. However, you probably have more people living in your home, so plan on about $300-$325 per month for utilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM

12 posts, read 39,595 times
Default Pulasky Hway

Does pulaski HW area has groceries,drug stores,gas, dept stores etc etc? I guess yes at fox run shopping ctr?
and what is the speed on that road....50- 55, going 65-70 mph?!!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:09 PM

Across the street from the apartments is Fox Run Shopping Center. They have Acme, Happy Harry's (Walgreens), Simon Eye, a Hallmark Card place, and a lot of little stores. Also a Blockbuster.

On Route 40 going toward New Castle, there is Governors Square and Eden Square. Governors has a Safeway, KMart, lots of other stores. Eden has Giant, a good Mexican restaurant and a Lowes.

West on Route 40 is Peoples Plaza: Safeway, RiteAid, Home Depot, and other shops.

Department stores are at Christiana Mall (Route 40 E to Route 1 N); Christiana Crossing, and many stores on Kirkwood Highway (Route 2). It is very easy to get around.

There are any number of gas stations, especially at WaWa. I usually go to BJs in New Castle. You will also find a farmers market on Route 13 in New Castle.

I think the speed limit is about 55 miles per hour on Route 40.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 PM

53 posts, read 321,971 times
You know what sucks? You have high hopes for a place and I come along and burst your bubble.
Stay away from Fox Run. Lots of drugs and crime, management is aware. They just don't print it in the brochure. In all fairness, Fox Run management is doing the best they can to combat the problem. Drugs are just endemic of the Route 40 corridor and where there's drugs there's violence.

You're in a tough spot. An affordable 3 bedroom apartment in a safe location is hard to find. Have you asked anyone from the university if they have any suggestions or know of anyone that would rent to you at your asking price?

Sorry I can't be of much more help. I'm worried about your little ones. It would be nice if they could go outside and play, but there are too many mopes in the RT. 40 area.

FYI - Mope: an individual, usually in ill fitting clothes, that loiters in one area with their hands in their pockets for no other purpose than being a nuisance. Seen at all hours of the day. Tends to congregate with other mopes. May or may not be armed. Definitely suspicious. SEE ALSO; Excrementbag (site won't let me use the "s" word")

Old 10-07-2008, 06:28 AM

I really believe that drugs are going to be everywhere. I don't know how much time you have and if you are trying to find something definite before arriving in Delaware, but when you get here, you should drive through the complexes at varying times during a weekend. A Saturday night will be an eye opener. You won't see as much now because the weather is getting very cool at night; however, you want to be looking for groups of young people who apparently have nothing to do. Also, take a look at the cars parked in the parking lot. Too nice (Bentley, etc.) and they are probably selling; beat up really bad--buying.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
You know what sucks? You have high hopes for a place and I come along and burst your bubble.......

well.....not really. I ve learned sometime back that its hard to find a good place for a fair price in Newark. Now my effort is to take my chances and find a 'relatively good' place !!

Thanks

Old 10-07-2008, 11:30 AM

Default Newcastle County Crime Map

A good info resource about Newark area
Crime map by N'castle county police

Geo NCC Locations (http://www.nccde.org/sqlcrime.asp - broken link)

you can look for any specific address or just pan the map.
it looks like they give info for about 3 prior months.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:09 PM

Thanks for the info; unfortunately the map is not up-to-date, but it does give a good representation of the types of crime in the areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware