Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:10 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,506,096 times

Advertisements

rabit - this is an old thread. Maybe you want to start a new one.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:30 PM

5 posts, read 28,459 times
Thank you for the response

Old 06-29-2019, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,005 times
Please I am planning to relocate from Houston TX. I have been considering different places like Atlanta, Maryland, NH, Oklahoma, Las Vegas and RI. I am a Reverend by profession but I will be doing warehouse jobs until I find a better job. So I am looking for a state as a new start.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:46 AM

22,952 posts, read 18,253,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Sunday View Post
Please I am planning to relocate from Houston TX. I have been considering different places like Atlanta, Maryland, NH, Oklahoma, Las Vegas and RI. I am a Reverend by profession but I will be doing warehouse jobs until I find a better job. So I am looking for a state as a new start.
This is much too vague and broad a question to guess at. Can your church give you some leads?

Old 06-30-2019, 05:57 AM

599 posts, read 492,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajourney View Post
Wow, I used to live in the Harrisburg, PA area and I can't imagine wanting to do what you are considering. We left PA in 2001 and by then there had already started to be a major migration of people out of the NYC area to places as far away as Allentown/Bethlehem PA and other north eastern PA cities. Obviously, you must already know that most of the Philly area is very expensive. I don't know if you would be interested in being in the Lancaster or York,PA area--which are less expensive than Philly/Baltimore. I just wouldn't want that commute you are talking about--esp. during the unpredictable winter weather months.
Good Luck!
I lived in the Poconos for thirty years. The great migration from the NYC metro area started about fifteen years before you noted. By the late eighties, builders working close to the major commuting routes, like the I-80 corridor, couldn't build fast enough, and were selling lots, and booking new home starts a year out. By the time it all crashed down in the great recession, in some communities the population tripled and more, and the quality of life in a lot of rural areas was damaged by thousands of abandoned homes, and a severely impacted local economy.

I'm currently in Lancaster county and it's a great place, but not a place to be if you have to work in downtown Philly. It's doable if you take Amtrak from Lancaster city, but it's a real bear of a commute to actually drive everyday. There are places in Lancaster county where a drive time commute to the east can be a mix of dozens of miles of slow, busy, two lane back roads that land you on semi-limited access four lane that's moving at a crawl. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. York is even further, and I can't imagine how bad it is for those that work in Baltimore. It's extremely common to have southbound closures of I-83 during morning commuting, due to serious wrecks.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:36 PM

13,249 posts, read 33,387,446 times
I know this site seems to promote re-opening old posts but I think recent posters didn't realize this was an old thread. Please start new threads.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: