U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 02:26 PM

107 posts, read 268,514 times

Advertisements

does anyone go here? would you recommend? i want to get my 2 year old into some activities, he loves the pool so i think some mommy and me swimming lessons would be fun for him. any other suggestions on fun activities to do with a toddler around here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 05:50 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,545,625 times
We have had instructors from the YMCA come to our community in the summer for water excercise. We were impressed with the instructor.

I have not been to the Y but you idea is a good one. My daughter lives in Maine and she has done that with our little one.

She also has had her in Pilates, yoga, and some other fun things for stuff to do.
There is a childs Gym in the Ceasar Rodney shopping center. You could stop in there and maybe they will have information. Plus there is the dover post, pre schools and as time goes on you will meet other moms and make connections.
Good luck to you

Old 04-02-2009, 03:41 AM

902 posts, read 3,213,195 times
Hi shadozer,

We go to the Dover YMCA for Special Olympics swim practice, which our son participates in. I have dealt with the staff on a few other occasions, all very good experiences. I believe the staff there is doing a great job with providing services to the community; as we do not have small children anymore (our youngest turns 12 today!), I am not familiar with the offerings for the toddler set. Since the Y is such a family oriented organization, I would think they would have what you are looking for.

elizamary gave some other great ideas... and I believe you can contact the Dover Post for other family and/or children's activities going on around the area.

Hope this helps!
Mary

Old 04-04-2009, 06:02 PM

8 posts, read 19,551 times
HI,
My daughter takes our grandson to the Y for swim classes and he loves it. They also have other activities ( all sorts of little festivals for kids) throughout the year. The instructors are great, for adults and kids. I love the Aquazise classes during the day. It's a great place, with sometimes parking issues.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:20 PM

87 posts, read 282,686 times
We go to the Dover Y and really enjoy it. They do have a small parking lot but so far we have always found a spot. The staff is very friendly......I'm sure they would take you on a tour and give you a brochure listing all the programs available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware