U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,464 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. We're looking at houses in Dover area and have fallen in love with a house on Carlisle Drive(Villages of Carlisle??) and are wondering what the neighborhood is like. While it appears nice, one never knows. Also, what are the school like? It looks like my daughter would either go to North ES or Booker T Washington(I prefer North looking at the demographics and the webpage) but I'd like to know if these schools are any good? She's going into 4th grade in the fall, and I know MS would come in 5th(weird since MD where we live now is 6-8 for MS), but I'd like your opinions.
Thanks. Also, we're looking at Smyrna, Marydel, and anywhere else in that area, so if you have other suggestions, I'm open. We're looking to move in July. Mortgage pre-qualification is being processed at this time.
Melissa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 01:44 PM

84 posts, read 302,539 times
I have some friends that live on Carlisle Drive. They have been there a year and a half and really like it. They have become friends with their neighbors and seem to like the area, although they do not have kids. There are two sections of this neighborhood. The front section is older, with the back being newer homes. I always ride through a neigborhood at night or on a nice weekend to check things out. That's when you will have the best chance of talking with neighbors or seeing the amount of activity and kids. As far as the schools, you can research greatschools website. CR school district is believed to be the best in this area but I have heard parents who like Capital and Lake Forest also. Sometimes going to visit a school is better than deciding by figures you find online. I've had my son in schools that were considered to be the best and I was not impressed. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware