U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-17-2009, 08:12 AM

263 posts, read 412,442 times
Default Charities That Will Pickup Household Goods in Wilmington

We are in the process of cleaning out a deceased relative's house and have furniture, household goods, tools, small appliances, etc. We even have 59 boxes of expensive floor tile that were never used.

We have everything in the garage - all we need is someone to come pick it up.

I've called one charity and they wanted to know specifically what we had. Another wants a list of all items. While much of it is everyday household items, it isn't junk - I've already recycled what I could and taken the rest to the dump.

Does anyone know of a charity that is willing to come to North Wilmington pick this up without a big hassle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 04:11 PM

9,698 posts, read 10,229,365 times
Have you tried Purple Heart or the Salvation Army? Purple Heart states on their info that they pick up kitchenware such as dishes and small appliances, lamps, rugs, toys, sports equipment; they don't pick up large appliances or large furniture and carpet, nor do they pick up computer monitors.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:24 PM

2,292 posts, read 2,012,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskirwin View Post
We even have 59 boxes of expensive floor tile that were never used.
I think the perfect place for the floor tile would be one of Habitat for Humanity's ReStores. Proceeds from sales benefit Habitat for Humanity's building operations.

I checked out their website, and it looks like there's a store Wilmington:

http://www.habitat.org/cd/frame/fram...re%2findex.php

Old 06-17-2009, 06:29 PM

3,624 posts, read 10,099,821 times
St Vincent dpaul, and the salvation army, some homeless to help as Habitat. Also if there are churches near you contact them. battered women may have some use. I do know the catholic church with the st Vincent Dpaul is always having drive for small household goods.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:17 AM

132 posts, read 250,262 times
The cancer society comes and picks up everything as long as it is in a box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware