U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 AM

3,884 posts, read 2,404,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseybeachmom View Post
Did you live in Pot-Nets? Where do you live, in Milton? We live on the water now, and I'd like to be near a river and the ocean. Milton is too far inland I think.
Yes I have lived in PotNets Bayside since 1993. Doing some shopping you could most likely get a waterfront home cheap as I said in earlier post some folks with second homes are in bad shape with the changing economy and are dumping their properties. Pot Nets is a great community. We are on Indian River Bay other portions are on Rehoboth Bay. They offer many amenities. Just remember they are a business run for profit and ground rent will go up each year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 09:58 AM

2 posts, read 4,170 times
Check out the unreported crime on long neck. Breakins drug use, drug raids. Lot rent up up up and away!!!!!!!! Year after year. Trailer park after trailer park. Tunnel and Bay City especially!

Old 07-14-2012, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 4,170 times
Unreported crime rate is very high. Drugs, break ins etc. Watch Tunnel props and Bay City lot rents up up up and away year after year.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:31 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,367,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGres View Post
Check out the unreported crime on long neck. Breakins drug use, drug raids. Lot rent up up up and away!!!!!!!! Year after year. Trailer park after trailer park. Tunnel and Bay City especially!
I've always found it difficult to check out un reported crime, as for Tunnel I ride by his place or his kids place almost everyday on my boat at Herring Creek, man that house is nice. Good for him, but I'd live in Pot Nets anyday especially Bayside.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Unreported crime rate is very high. Drugs, break ins etc. Watch Tunnel props and Bay City lot rents up up up and away year after year.
Where do you get your statistics on all this unreported crime? Are you upset because you can't afford ground rent in our "trailer park"?

Old 08-26-2012, 10:14 PM

After being in the draught we got hit with some major rain and flooding. Wind spouts? threw some boats around and tore off some roofs.
http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/n...mmunity/888474

Old 09-05-2012, 07:59 PM

897 posts, read 776,092 times
I was just at Pots Net last week. The least expensive lot rent is $502. per month and goes up from there. In addition they have some annual fees on sewer and water. Although it is a lovely community and I would love to live there it is just way too expensive for me.
I was thinking of moving my home which is in pristine condition and built in 2003 to the Rehoboth Beach area however it seems the communities I like are also in the business of selling homes. That being said they are less than thrilled to have me move my home but want me to purchase one of theirs pre-owned or new.
I am leaning toward buying my own land and be done with this nonsense. By the way the bill that was before the state legislature about putting a cap on land rent did not pass. It did pass in one house but not the other.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
I was just at Pots Net last week. The least expensive lot rent is $502. per month and goes up from there. In addition they have some annual fees on sewer and water. Although it is a lovely community and I would love to live there it is just way too expensive for me.
I was thinking of moving my home which is in pristine condition and built in 2003 to the Rehoboth Beach area however it seems the communities I like are also in the business of selling homes. That being said they are less than thrilled to have me move my home but want me to purchase one of theirs pre-owned or new.
I am leaning toward buying my own land and be done with this nonsense. By the way the bill that was before the state legislature about putting a cap on land rent did not pass. It did pass in one house but not the other.
Our state senator voted against the rent cap bill and now he's sending a lot of mailings asking for support in a Primary fight. Take it from someone living on rented ground.. If you can afford to buy your own lot you would be foolish not to buy.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM

5 posts, read 4,808 times
Since I have lived here in POT NETS for more than 25 years, I very well know about the EVER INCREASING LOT RENTS ( This year: 5.8 %, that's $560.85 more than last year ). I have kept all my rent receipts. I also know that my home is now almost worthless because of these ever increasing LOT RENTS.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-27-2013 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: removed e-mail address.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM

Just like to mention to anyone thinking about moving into Lower Sussex. As I mentioned before many folks with second homes have had their lives disrupted by current events and need to get rid of the beach property. They are tearing down homes for which the owner could not pay their ground rent. I'm sure an owner facing that would accept almost any offer rather than lose it completely. Google PotNets for info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware