U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-15-2009, 07:26 PM

144 posts, read 237,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
and good morning to both of you Carol, armx, Charley and little eggplant. What a cute name.....little eggplant.
Little eggplant is on the ball with dates.....thanks.

We may have a date nov 6 or 7 to see chunkin punkins.

I know the chocolate festival at dover downs is a must for me. A day to just bathe in Chocolate.
Elizamary now I have a craving for chocolate!! It looks so real!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:37 AM

15,514 posts, read 7,662,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeD View Post
Elizamary now I have a craving for chocolate!! It looks so real!!
Well then help yourself to cyber chocolate...........it's calorie free.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:53 AM

342 posts, read 647,959 times
What's everyone doing today? I'm going to browse around a greenhouse and then have Chinese food for lunch.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:03 AM

19,922 posts, read 7,367,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
What's everyone doing today? I'm going to browse around a greenhouse and then have Chinese food for lunch.
I'm going to get set up for radiation therapy - scanning and marking today. Actual treatment starts next week. (I'd rather be having the Chinese food ... lol)

Is there a good place for Chinese in Delaware? That's something that we have not found yet.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:05 AM

372 posts, read 504,711 times
Good morning to everyone, too! I am doing laundry today, will work two 12-hour shifts tomorrow and Fri at work, finish packing, and then we leave Sat AM for DE. It is a long 2 day drive from Maine, stopping to visit friends in Jersey on the way down. Elizamary, did I read correctly - you are heading up this way soon to visit your daughter? Weather here lately has been PERFECT!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Good morning to everyone, too! I am doing laundry today, will work two 12-hour shifts tomorrow and Fri at work, finish packing, and then we leave Sat AM for DE. It is a long 2 day drive from Maine, stopping to visit friends in Jersey on the way down. Elizamary, did I read correctly - you are heading up this way soon to visit your daughter? Weather here lately has been PERFECT!

Hi Little Eggplant.......

This is so funny. Your leaving to come to De this weekend and I will be leaving for Maine.
My daughter now lives in Baltimore......SIL is in the coast guard and he was just transfered.
DH and I are going to visit the portland area, bar harbor then drive west to Conway NH. I love the white mountains.

I did the weather for the next 10 days and it looks like mostly rain up that way next week. Well that can change and I sure hope it does.

Good luck on your trip and have fun.

Where about in Maine do you live?

Old 09-16-2009, 07:38 AM

372 posts, read 504,711 times
In the West Bath area, right off Rte 1. If you are going to Bar Harbor, you will be driving right past my kitchen window - I can see Rte 1 in the distance. Wave to me as you go by! BTW, local weather says sunny and 70s all weekend, no rain till Tues. You can never trust those guys ....

Old 09-16-2009, 07:53 AM

342 posts, read 647,959 times
Is there a good place for Chinese in Delaware? That's something that we have not found yet.[/quote]

I have only tried 2 places here in De but I was very impressed with the Grand Buffet in Rehoboth. Very nice clean place and nice atmosphere. It's in the Midway Shopping Center. The other one is a carry-out close to where I live, very convienient when I'm craving Chinese food. The one I'll try out today is in Milton.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:59 AM

Hi Carole,

There is a good chinese take out on South State street in the shopping center with Happy gas. Can you believe they named their gas station happy gas. LOL!!
Anyways.......there is a happy harrys, liquor store, laundry mat and chinese take out. Some Italian restauarnt too....forget the name.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:21 AM

19,922 posts, read 7,367,995 times
I'll have to check them out. Thanks. Having a good Chinese restaurant around is always a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware